Suhr Badger 30 or is it 38?????

What's Hot
BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5863
I've noticed Suhr Website and Andertons has it listed at 30 Watts, whereas GG and Peach state it puts out 38 watts, so what or watt is it????

I know it has power scaling but it usually "down" ;)
Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    They're 18, 30 or 35 watts. The 18 and 35 being el84 powered, with the 30 packing el34's.
  • simonk said:
    They're 18, 30 or 35 watts. The 18 and 35 being el84 powered, with the 30 packing el34's.

I know that ;)    but reading the descriptions on the sites I mentioned above there is an anomaly of the power rating.

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    simonk said:

I know that ;)    but reading the descriptions on the sites I mentioned above there is an anomaly of the power rating.

Ah, sorry, my bad.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Black Friday.....
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I don't expect those 8 watts would make a significant difference.
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1638

"Lies, damned lies and specifications"!

Power ratings of amplifiers, especially VALVE amplifiers is all over the shop. You can rate one for "observable clipping" but that point is in the gift of the observer!

The only fair and consistent way IMHO is to rate a specific level of Total Harmonic Distortion. For a valved HI-FI amp that should be at less than 0.1% THD but for a guitar amp 10% THD would be about right (yes, 100x worse than a hi fi amp but does not SOUND that bad!)

By that rating, many 100W amps could be sold as 120W units and a couple of amps with "40" and "45" in their names would easily qualify for the 50 watts label.

N very B! Measured power is ONLY for juice into a resistive load. Speakers are a bit different!

Dave.

• Black Friday.....

I'm keeping a keen eye :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:

Probably not volume wise, but my speaker is 30 watt rating in the cab. However I shouldn't feel the need to crank it full or even halfway for gigs, and I suppose the power scaling helps.

So what on earth am I rambling on about :)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Sassafras said:

Probably not volume wise, but my speaker is 30 watt rating in the cab. However I shouldn't feel the need to crank it full or even halfway for gigs, and I suppose the power scaling helps.

So what on earth am I rambling on about :)

That's the other thing, amp ratings are all over the place but then so too are speaker ratings from different manufacturers.
  • Did you order one? I'm hovering over the buy button
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • MrSwanson said:
    Did you order one? I'm hovering over the buy button
    @MrSwanson ;

I did so, but my excitement has been quashed, which tends to happen far too often when I Distance Purchase.

Read hear

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/90367/ive-been-upgraded-by-dpd-hurrah

Don't order one yet, DPD are that incompetent that mine will likely turn up at your house ;)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwanson said:
    Did you order one? I'm hovering over the buy button
    @MrSwanson ;

I did so, but my excitement has been quashed, which tends to happen far too often when I Distance Purchase.

Read hear

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/90367/ive-been-upgraded-by-dpd-hurrah

Don't order one yet, DPD are that incompetent that mine will likely turn up at your house ;)

Will hold off for now then ;)
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/