Disappointingly expensive

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Whoever is buying this guitar at that price needs to remember one thing:

Unless you have the chordal knowledge and the chops, NO amount of money is gonna make you sound like Nile Rodgers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    TimmyO said:
    daveyh said:
    impmann said:
    That is a bit silly.
    But both incoming guitars are reserved so obviously somebody doesn't think so.

I assume for that price it's a full on replica with wear etc. I have absolutely no idea why anyone would want to pay that, fan or not, for what is indeed just a hardtail strat but there ya go.
    It's had a fair gestation period this sig model - they kept sending Nile guitars, and he kept sending them back :-D 
    Apparently he proved to them the reason his personal guitar sounds the way it does was the combination of neck and body weight (and no doubt some other things) by swapping necks and bodies and his own electrics between the samples they sent. The "news" about an imminent Nile signature goes back about 4 or more years - they've been working on it for a while.

I'm a Nile Rogers fanboy - rational commentary on the merits or otherwise of this guitar are largely irrelevant to my desire for it ;-) 
    Indeed. I learnt Le freak in about '87 and his playing influenced mine ever since. But an exact copy of his guitar? Not in the slightest bit interested, even if I had the money. But I suppose since Get Lucky everyone's always been a Rodgers fan so the market is bigger.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    axisus said:
    I kind of feel that signature guitars only really work with 'guitar hero' types, people who really make a guitar sing. Very significant individual though Nile has been, he's not in that category. 

Yes he is - far more important than the widdly merchants - he writes songs!
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24393
    Whoever is buying this guitar at that price needs to remember one thing:

Unless you have the chordal knowledge and the chops, NO amount of money is gonna make you sound like Nile Rodgers.

I've got a Fender Urge II Stuart Hamm signature bass. What's your point?
  • That's DEFINITELY not going to make you sound like Nile Rogers.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Nile may spank a bass....
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    It's not meant to be played, it's for collectors isn't it?
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    mellowsun;138397" said:
    It's not meant to be played, it's for collectors isn't it?

Poor investment then, and nowt much to look at either.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."