Black Friday for Music Makers

What's Hot
Black Friday might have been largely underwhelming for guitars and pedals, but if you record music it's been incredible. Huge discounts on plugins; I've snagged Soundtoys 5 with a massive 50% off, and Eventide Blackhole for £30! That's a combined saving of well over £300. 

Consider me a happy Shopper. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22241
    edited November 2016
    Exponential's Phoenixverb for $49 is one I would recommend. Soundtoys are good. Might well go for Reverberate 2 with the 50% off offer. EDIT: £17.50 for the upgrade - yes please! :)

• I was hoping for a deal on a crossgrade for NI Komplete 11, but I suppose it's too soon after its release.

The deal on Superior Drummer is tempting but I think I'll hold because I've already got all of Addictive Drums, Sleven Slate Drums Platinum and NI Studio Drummer from previous deals. Each of these has good deals as well I see.

Applied Acoustics Systems (AAS) have got some good deals but I've already purchased all of their VSTi's on previous deals.

Soundtoys is tempting.
    It's not a competition.
  • I was hoping for a deal on a crossgrade for NI Komplete 11, but I suppose it's too soon after its release.

The deal on Superior Drummer is tempting but I think I'll hold because I've already got all of Addictive Drums, Sleven Slate Drums Platinum and NI Studio Drummer from previous deals. Each of these has good deals as well I see.

Applied Acoustics Systems (AAS) have got some good deals but I've already purchased all of their VSTi's on previous deals.

Soundtoys is tempting.
    NI nearly always do their deals on Komplete at xmas / New year, for sure it's been that way the last 4 years. Black friday tends to be individual VSTs only.
  • So far I've got blackhole, which sounds every bit as good as I hoped. Now weighing up Arturia Collection V or Soundtoys..
    Can't quite stretch to both.
  • @Teetonetal Go Soundtoys. Ignore Arturia and check out U-He instead. Don't regret selling V Collection one bit. Soundtoys on the other hand keeps getting better for me. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Heartfeltdawn anything in particular you didn't like with arturia?
  • With V4... the crashes. The crap preset system. When it came to selling, it took over a week, an experience repeated with other Arturia products. The sound is good, no question there, but I really didn't gel with the UI. 

There are a lot of good synths out there. I love the Yamaha CS-80 and went with Memorymoon instead and their ME-80. 

http://www.memorymoon.com/

So tons of synths out there but the Soundtoys bundle is really top drawer. Been trying out D16's Repeater this week, sounds good, but Echoboy has more to it and you don't lose anything soundwise. Crystallizer is superb, trem and pan is good, PrimalTap does all manner of great shit, the Effects Rack is far more powerful than most users realise... buying it at 50% really is a no-brainer. 

I got lucky in that I bought mine at 60% off for v4 from a guy on KVR and qualified for the v5 upgrade free. 

• TAL have announced 30% off. That's me in for TAL Sampler. 

• Plugins is clearly where it's at. 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    Could pick up Soundtoys for $185. This is sorely tempting.

Also really quite fancy Waves' DBX160 at only $39, which is ludicrously cheap compared to the normal price. That said I've got and use SKnote's DBX165a so I'm not totally sure how different they are and whether I'd be spending $39 on a bargain plugin I've already got covered.

The trials and tribulations of Black Friday. Who will save me?
  • Gone for Soundtoys :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5447
    If you're in the market for an audio interface this is a genuinely good deal (and one which I snagged)

https://www.djkit.com/focusrite/focusrite-clarett-8pre.html

£100 cheaper than the next best on special Black Friday offer (they were around £800 recently which was also being touted as "on offer").
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ended up getting arturia collection v for 199 too thanks to my broken keyboard. 2 registered products gave me extra 100 gbp off. Very happy!

Now to sell some (more) pedals!
  • hmm sorely tempted by soundtoys too......
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    Guys. Kush Omega A and N. Thank me later.
  • wow my sound toys upgrade is $140!!!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I'm in drum loop mode.

I decided to go for the Groove Monkey Megapack, plus some more XLN midi packs for Addictive Drums.

It's not a competition.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2089
    I'm in drum loop mode.

I decided to go for the Groove Monkey Megapack, plus some more XLN midi packs for Addictive Drums.

Loop loft...but hurry..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • spark240 said:
    I'm in drum loop mode.

Loop loft...but hurry..
    @spark240 many thanks. I appreciate the heads up.  With the discount added, I got the Midi Drum Loop Bundle for £26.95, which is an excellent deal.

They're general midi mapped but it's easy to set Addictive Drums 2 to read that format and audition the loops using Reaper's media explorer.

It's not a competition.