SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Squier Standard Telecaster 2006 -- £120

martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
edited November 2016 in Guitars £ tFB Trader

This is a really nice guitar. I bought it recently on eBay and I think I got a bargain. However, I'm currently having a rethink about life stuff, so I'm selling all but the essentials. I just want what I paid for it, which is £120 plus postage.

It's in excellent condition. Not mint, but very few minor scuffs, and some minor fret wear. What you'd expect for a 10 year old guitar that has been played but well looked after. No dings or scratches, and everything works. It's all standard and unmolested, apart from I have moved the strap button to the neck plate. Easily moved back, or just fit another and try both!

It's very playable and the action is low. It sounds great. I was going to change the pickups, but the existing ones are actually very good, and the stock electronics are ok too. The only thing I've done is to fit an Electro socket and Switchcraft jack socket (of course!) Also I put a fresh set of strings on it and oiled the fret board, but other than that it was fine from the box and gig ready.

It's a subtle candy apple red, and the white scratch plate has yellowed slightly, which is nice. I was really surprised with the quality of this guitar, and would recommend them in a heartbeat, nothing like the Affinity series, much more up there with Mex/US Fenders. Tonally it's superb, really resonant with great sustain and 'twang'. It weighs just under 8lbs, no lightweight, but it feels well-balanced and not overly heavy on the strap.

I was given (very kindly) a wiring loom for a Tele, with CTS solid shaft pots, a CRL switch and a Switchcraft jack socket, all wired and ready, which I will include in the sale.

The pics are from the original eBay listing, but the guitar hasn't changed (apart from the afore mentioned strap button and Electro socket). The strap shown is not included.

Shipping will be in a very well packed box by UPS at £15 basic. there's no point getting insurance as they won't cover guitars not shipped in a hard case. or you could collect, or I might meet half way for petrol money.

SOLD

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments