Laney Ironheart 15w owners or opinions?

Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts on these and how good they are for a bit of home thrash metal \m/  Are they capable of doing much, other than metal?
Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2454
    I used to have one. It was very good.
    The cleans are very clean, so modern sounding, the digital reverb is very good, the lead channel has more gain than you'll need.
    It can also do modern hard rock sounds, the only things it won't do are "classic" sounds, be that nearly-cleans or classic rock overdrive.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • I have the IRT studio. Clean is ok but a bit sterile but I'm comparing it to an AC15 / Matchless clone. The low to mid level gain isn't as good as my Cornell Plexi so I agree with above. The heavy dirt isn't quite as good as a Freedman Dirty Shirley........ but not by much. I really, really rate it for the price. If you can pick one up 2nd hand you'd struggle to beat it for the price
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 877
    edited November 2016
    Just to add. It would be great for thrash and the master volume is really really good
  • Cheers, @musteatbrain and @strtdv - any idea what you'd expect to pay pre-owned?

My band, Red For Dissent
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2454
    I think I sold mine for £270, which was what I paid for it (I got it pre-owned)
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • That sounds about the going rate. Mine is an IRT Studio.
    If I was selling it I'd aim around 270.
    it's so handy though it's staying
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    I had one and i can only agree with whats already been said. The cleans are very clean, i struggled to get a really good classic rock crunch out of it but for heavier stuff it was great. I only got rid because i needed more clean headroom and a bit bit more versatility. I loved the heavier tones though and would would have another just for that alone.

For the record i sold the head and 1x12 cab for £300 earlier this year.
  • Cheers, all.  Suspect I'll go for it.

My band, Red For Dissent