NPD - Amazing service from Sounds Great Music !

What's Hot
AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
edited November 2016 in FX
I have been going nuts over this pedal for months.

It's the Keeley Multi Echo and it's stunning so when i saw it on a great deal at Sounds Great i ordered it on Thursday late afternoon. I knew i'd missed the cut off for dispatch that day so i thought it would arrive on Monday.

It arrived an hour ago and when i opened it i found this checklist in with the pedal, attached to my printed invoice / receipt.

On the checklist it shows that before they sent me A PEDAL (Not something i would have expected to be checked at all !) they have checked:

Visual check
Test on PSU
Check each control
Check bypass switch working
Cleaned !

Cleaned FFS !
I honestly thought any shop would just grab it and send it out as new stock that didn't need checking and i'm so impressed with this.
It was only £150, i feel like i've spent a thousand.

http://i.imgur.com/6aFgEyo.jpg?1

I've looked at SG's excellent website a lot but never bought from them until now so as a first time customer i'm just so impressed. 
I also emailed yesterday to ask about availability of another pedal and got an email reply within an hour, on a Friday.

Just Brilliant.

Good Great shops still exist !
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4729
    edited November 2016
    You know it's a sad reflection on our changing society and values.  30-40 years  ago you would take this type of service largely for granted and expect that items would be properly checked before being sent out simply because it was professional and stores took more pride in what they did.  Nowadays, we regard this as exceptional service - and it is, don't get me wrong.  But this should be the norm, not the exception.  

Best example of a similar quality service I'd received was when I bought my Laney VC30-210 from the website some 9 years ago. It was an ex-demo (albeit immaculate). I called the store (can't recall who it was now) , agreed a deal and they asked me if I was OK to wait a day before they sent it out because they wanted to have their engineer check it out.  And, similarly to your experience, the amp was delivered, immaculate, beautifully packaged, with a print-out of the checks undertaken that were signed and dated.  The store then called me a few days later just to check I was happy with my purchase and their service or if I had any problems.  I confirmed I hadn't & was very pleased with the amp & their service.  They said that was great, but call them if I had any problems in the future.  It was just a great buying experience, and I felt like I really mattered and the store cared!  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I agree, great service initially*

I also went to the shop and they were a great bunch and incredibly helpful.

I did receive a faulty item though that had all those "checks". I had a really cocky and horrible chap on the other end of the phone when I called to ask to return it. Didn't like that side of things, but I guess you get that sometimes. Also couldn't understand how all those checks missed that an LED had fallen out of its bevel, it was pretty blatant.

That said, I liked the shop and as you say, a checklist is always reassuring when done correctly.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've always had really great service from Sounds Great and Neill in particular has always been really helpful.  The checksheet must be a new thing as I ordered a pedal from them in the middle of October and didn't get one with it.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Sweet Child O mine with overdrive, subdivided delay and reverb on the amp is one of the most fun things i've ever played.
    Repeats set to about 4 or 5, blend at 50% and around 300ms (depending on how fast you play SCOM - just get it in tempo whatever the numbers are).

Tons of fun.

like a massive wall of 80's 'Tack'

:)
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    The subdivision is a single sticky-up-note without a fox's tail on the top and a little number 3 next to it. The circle (ish) bit at the bottom is filled in, not,.................er,.....................hollow?

It goes Da-Da-Da as one repeat, like an echorec set on the "Da-Da-Da" setting !

(I haven't sat down with the music theory video's yet. It might show a bit.)