Pickups

What's Hot
Hi all new here and recently a new guitarist I have a line 6 spider iv 150 head and 4x12 cab don't do things by halves plus a squire strat and a recently acquired limited edition orange amps guitar the latter guitar Is a lp style and I want to change the pickups I was told by my music teacher to go the seymour duncan invader route but thought I'd join here and get an impartial answer I play all sorts of sounds so need a decent range but the standard ones are poo any advice would be greatly received 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi all new here and recently a new guitarist I have a line 6 spider iv 150 head and 4x12 cab don't do things by halves plus a squire strat and a recently acquired limited edition orange amps guitar the latter guitar Is a lp style and I want to change the pickups I was told by my music teacher to go the seymour duncan invader route but thought I'd join here and get an impartial answer I play all sorts of sounds so need a decent range but the standard ones are poo any advice would be greatly received 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2963
    tFB Trader
    Welcome Daz, the standard answers round here for quality is Mojo Pickups and Oil City, but depends on what you want to spend as well as what sort of character & output. Tonerider and Regentone are ~40 squids and decent middling output sort of buckers. Trouble is there 8 zillion humbuckers out there to sift through, and other forms in bucker format like P90s and others.
    Buckers regularly show up in the parts section here too.
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3301
    tFB Trader
    Go mojo for more vintage vibe, I can't see me going anywhere else now
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)