Recommend me a psychedelic wah

DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
I've decided I'm going to go into wah territory for the first time, but have seen the choices on offer and it makes my head spin.

I need a wah that is perfect for slow sweeping psychedelic washes (horrible choice of words) rather than being used in solos. It'd be used in conjunction with a delay I would imagine. The trippier the better.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I have no complaints about my Vox, although I do prefer my old JEN. Psychedelic is what I tend to consider to be the type of music I play.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12674
    Colorsound wah had one of the widest sweeps I ever encountered, making it good for that sort of technique...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Hmmm interesting! Cheers I'll keep an eye out.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    It's not that wah that makes it psychedelic, it's what you do with it, maaaan. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4727
    edited November 2016
    dindude said:
    It's not that wah that makes it psychedelic, it's what you do with it, maaaan. 
    Pretty much what I was thinking.  For my conventional pedal board I have a rather smart chrome plated (bugger to keep shiny though) Vox V847 that sounds really nice - it's the classic wah that Hendrix used and he could be pretty psychodelic!  

Of course there are other variations and makes, so it's just a question of finding something that suits you.  The Dunlop Crybaby as used by Clapton is a classic too, and others like Morley etc.  There are also some interesting 'programmable' wah's with a choice of wah tones, adjustable sweep ranges, and extra features that can give huge flexibility such as the Boss PW10-Wah.  Boss say:

The amazing BOSS PW-10 V-Wah is likely to be the last wah pedal you'll ever need or want. This first-of-its-kind programmable modeling wah gives you instant access to six classic and modern wah pedal sounds, as well as all-new "Double resonance," "Uni-V" and "Voice" sounds never found in a wah pedal before! Plus the V-Wah features onboard overdrive/booster effects, three digital memories for storing your favorite sounds, noise-free infrared operation and more.
    I tried one a couple of years back and it was really good - but as I rarely use wah, I just stuck with the V847 that I had.  

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Rare but has a wah with almost a whoosh choking wah: Marshall supa wah (not sure about the spelling). 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    edited November 2016
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>