SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Posting a Les Paul Junior...

What's Hot
I'm thinking about putting my Burny LP Junior (Japan) up for sale.  Only thinking, mind, but once these seeds are sown... and the lure of something else, something different, something with a neck pickup is strong.I like neck pickups. 

In terms of marketplace, clearly this place would be best but I'm in Belfast and most of you lot aren't.

I don't even have a hard case for it.

Is there anyway to do it without it arriving in pieces. Dependent on the price agreed, I could always pick up a hard case but has anyone done this successfully?

If not, then I'm restricted to the turgid, dead, soulless, "I'll trade you a couple of Joyo pedals and a tuner + £50" Northern Ireland market. And I'd rather not bother!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Someone (probably @icbm) once posted a Dan erlewine link showing the correct way to pack a g style guitar, if memory serves..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Good shout!

Here's the link (google is my friend and clearly I could have used it before posting this thread - which is now probably redundant!)

http://www.lespaulforum.com/dano/packing.html

Thanks for the head's up @usedtobe ;
  • pruddprudd Frets: 669
    You could get the prospective buyer to send over a (quality) case, it worked for me once when selling a Tokai that only had a gig bag, didnt cost too much either.

I might even be that prospective buyer :)
    Interesting... 

Keep an eye on the classifieds over the next few days...

I'll update here if I decide to sell / post rather than sell / put-up-with-gumtree!
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    You're welcome! :)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• You can get a reasonable LP hard case from thomann for about 50 quid I think
  • Thick cardboard shroud around the neck and headstock is a must - that's how Gibson send their gig bagged guitars.

Get yourself a roll of large bubblewrap of Ebay (don't let it contact the finish directly). Newspaper. Proper shipping carton. I've sent Gibsons from N Ireland like that and had no issues.
    -----
    Or here's a good idea, if you need anything guitar related: buy a load of stuff from Thomann to qualify for free shipping, including a cheap case, and make the order big enough so they'll send the (boxed) case inside a proper shipping carton! If you get some of their B Stock stuff you'll do alright resale wise.

Now you've got a double boxed solution to send off the LPJ. :)

edited November 2016
    Cheers for the tips chaps, but I think I might test the water locally first. Posting scares me!

@streethawk Didn't realise you were another local fretboarder. Soon we'll have enough for our own gearfest. :)

• monoaminemonoamine Frets: 506
    edited November 2016
    go to local guitar shop
    ask for the packing boxes and packaging from recent deliveries
    leave shop and take home, should be free of charge if they are nice
    pack guitar as found online
    send guitar off
    potentially profit
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom