SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS / FT Koch Studiotone XL Head and TS212 Cab

p_jay78p_jay78 Frets: 182
edited November 2016 in Amps £
I have somewhat of a rarity here, a Koch Studiotone XL 40 watt head and a Koch TS212 Vertical cab. 

This is a classic amp from the Dutch amp builder, Dolf Koch. The head is effectively 3 channel with huge flexibility, Fender like cleans through to Vox and into classic Marshall territory. I use it as a pedal platform from the clean channel, which has buckets of headroom. It can also be bone crushingly heavy depending on what pedals you choose to put in front of it. 

• 4 xEL84 Tubes
  • 2 x 12AX7 preamp tubes
  • 1 x 12AX7LM preamp tube
  • 3 channels (clean, overdrive & overdrive boost) foot switchable and all with their own volume control
  • One set of passive bass-mid-treble tone controls
  • Two front-panel voicing switches (mid-shift 2 way, bright 3 way) for all channels
  • 4, 8 & 16 ohm speaker outputs plus speaker on/off switch
  • Serial effects loop (10 dBV signal level)
  • Recording output with speaker simulation and 2 voicing filters
  • Direct outputs (non-filtered, clean channel & headphone)
  • Short scale three spring reverb tank
  • 2 way footswitch included
The cab pairs really well as you'd imagine. it has Koch drivers made by Jensen. These incredible cabinets are hand built in The Netherlands. 11 ply birch. 

All in all its a great amp, the last pic is just to show the size compared to a guitar. I've never seen anyone using one of these and it always gets compliments of how great it sounds. 

Comes with a padded cover for the head, and the two button foot switch. Everything is in great condition.

£700 for the pair seems like a fair price! 

Located in Southampton, although I do travel around a fair bit.

Trades are always tempting!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments