i need some form of amp modeller for tonight - HELP!

What's Hot
benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396

Im doing a session with a band and ideally it needs to be silent. My first thought was downloading an app onto my phone (iphone) as I am pretty sure I have an old Irig knocking around the house somewhere.

Does any one have any suggestions? TBH if it comes to it I think Im just gonna go straight into the desk and use my pedals for dirt, ive done this before and whilst its not particularly pleasant it will do for the purposes of tonight.

So my requirements are

• needs to work on iphone
  • old irig adaptor
  • would be great if it will accept pedals but not neccesary i guess
  • NO HIGH GAIN FILTH! Just a nice clean/breakup sort of sound

Thanks guys

How very rock and roll
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1816
    Where are you based would help!!

I've got one of those sansamp Joyo clones here (the Plexi one) which you can borrow?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72486
    Having tried the iRig I would use one of your pedals into the desk… horrible latency as well as noisy and sounding shit (although admittedly the last might have been down to the stock software).

If you EQ it right it shouldn't be too bad. If you have three-band EQ available start with the treble off, the mid up full and the bass just under halfway, and adjust from there. If the mid is sweepable try somewhere in the 1KHz-3KHz range and see where it sounds best.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• welshboyo said:
    Where are you based would help!!

I've got one of those sansamp Joyo clones here (the Plexi one) which you can borrow?
    Ah thank you! I actually wasn't on a beg borrow or steal kind of mission. It was more software based suggestions I guess but thank you for the offer it's really good of you! 

If hiwever anyone is in East Lancashire and can help me out I'd love you long time!
    How very rock and roll
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Yup, see if you can nab a Joyo American. Or a Hudson Broadcast.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom