SharePoint... Any Gurus On Here?

Anyone a MS Sharepoint expert on here?  
My employers has decided that this is the tool the they now want to deliver active content across the business. I'm an old school web developer,you know, SQL back-end, perhaps a Node.JS RestFUL API and JSON to the browser ajax kind of guy  and looking at this behometh makes my brain hurt. 

Where do you even begin to start to get to grips with this monster?
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• We use it at work for reporting etc. Know how to use it. Haven't a scooby how to develop it. Soz. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6139
    A mate of mine asked if he could us my development database server as the back end for his SharePoint installation.
    What a fuul I was to agree. The amount of crap it installed on my SQL Server instance was unbelievable. A huge number of databases with GUIDs as part of their names. The install couldn't even bother to namespace the bloody things so at least to group them together.  What a mess  :s
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • ewalewal Frets: 2587

I used to manage the staff responsible for SharePoint at my work. However I don't have much technical knowledge and I'm glad that I don't have responsibility for it any more! We have a dedicated SharePoint database environment with a dev database and load balanced live databases. We had numerous issues with SharePoint services, some of which proved impossible to resolve.

The only advice I give is to keep it simple... But you probably knew that anyway...

The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience