Anyone use BT TV?

axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
A year ago I told BT I was leaving them as my ISP. They gave me a deal, the price went down and they threw in BT TV as well. I plugged the box in once and it seemed to just give me the same as I got on my smart TV. As it involved faffing with 'yet another' control and used a valuable power socket I unplugged it and tossed it aside never to be seen again. So, it's a year later now and they want to charge me for it. I was going to tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine, but then I wondered if there was any reason to keep it? It looked to me like all the decent content you had to pay extra for. So, anyone use it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• We use it for sports. 

It's horrible. Endless football, every day, between sky and bt box. Eurgh. 
  • Just got the BT box as part of our phone/broadband package.
    TV is quite good and,most importantly for Cornwall, a good uninterrupted signal.
    Having the TV box made the package cheaper than just having phone and broadband.
    Hope this helps.
  • we use the basic one (no record function) as our main source of TV along side Apple TV, though we've just added an Amazon Fire Stick too. Works good for us as it gives you the channels you need and none of the rubbish you don't. We us the Apple for streaming and downloads via iplayer, netflix etc.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24345
    I have the BT box and "BT TV" came with it, but I never use it.  I have no interest in football and everything else on there is chargeable.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1960
    I have it but only for Rugby coverage. Anything else I'll get via Amazon Prime which is often cheaper.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3325
    Yep I have it it use to record and watch UFC events. Works very well. Pause and rewind live tv is handy too. 
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Mine gets used purely for Football and MotoGP.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Yep I've got it.
    I like it a lot. I've 'bolted on' Sky Sport and Sky Cinema. It's good value I reckon and BT have been very good.