SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Vintage V120 (Les Paul Jr.) w/ Oil City P90, etc. - SOLD @ £160

What's Hot
William WilliamsonWilliam Williamson Frets: 107
edited December 2016 in Guitars £
Hi guys,

Thanks to the wonderful advice on this forum I picked myself out a right corker of a LP Jr. with the Vintage V120 a couple of months ago. I found the P100 supplied to be a little underwhelming however and so have upgraded this with an Oil City "Firewatch" P90, PiO cap, Alpha Pots and some proper knobs while I was at it.

http://imgur.com/a/9VakK

I have found that the guitar is totally flawless as far as fit, feel and finish are concerned - and with zero marks, wear dust or dirt it's essentially mint - hopefully that comes across in the photographs. With a 'real' P90 pickup it roars like crazy full on, and you can back it off to soft almost acoustic tones and anywhere inbetween - the simplicity of the 1v/1t knobs and single pickup were a real eye opener to me and it's been first off the wall ever since I got it.

Unfortunately however, I've got into Vinyl and my attempts to smuggle a Thorens turntable into the house under my jumper failed, the wife is not exactly a happy cookie - and so first-in, first-out and all that!

Looking for £174 posted via PPG 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    edited November 2016
    I have the same pickup and wiring upgrades in a relic'd DC version of the same guitar and my other three guitars are getting played so little that they are going green with envy. What. A. Pickup.  

GLWTS

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sold pending payment
  • SOLD