Comments

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5862
    edited November 2016
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You'd have thought at that price that they'd chuck in a mains lead! :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You'd have thought at that price that they'd chuck in a mains lead! :)

I was expecting to find a packet of strings in the box :(

;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Suhr Badger 30

First impressions are great, but it's a very choosy amp. It sounds awesome with the Wolfgang, it's the only H.H Guitar I have and I'd say that it dials in more effortlessly with Humbuckers , I'd love to hear a Les Paul through it.....now there's an idea.

I tried my S Style Guitar(With the Bridge Humbucker in Split mode) through it and it becomes a much brighter amp, quite surprisingly bright, but the Drive and Power controls can be tweaked to overcome some brightness. If the Power Control is higher than the Drive, it will sound brighter.

With the Strat, I had the Treble on 9 O'Clock to tame it, that said though when I pushed the Bridge back to Humbucker mode, it sounded less harsh and could turn the treble up higher.

I did try the Wolfgang with the amp plugged into a Bogner 2x12 Oversized Cab with a G12 H30 70th Anniversary and G12M Greenback. This was at lowish house levels, but could tell HH Guitars will love it more.

With the S-Style, the amp was plugged into my Zilla Cab loaded with a Heritage G12H(75hz), so this might give the amp's tone a lot more mid and top end bite and make it sound brighter. This was at rehearsal volume too.

Haven't put the Teles through it yet, YIKES!

Power scaling is unbelievable, it can go down real low and sound awesome. It's such a dinky little thing hard to believe a 30 watter can be this small.

I think there's more than enough amp gain on tap and would probably say that I'd not need the gain above #8.

The EQ, Bass on #4, Treble on #6 and Mid on #5 is delightful with the Wolfgang's Humbuckers.

Bogner Lagrange

Nice new addition, but total over the top gain on high setting and too noisy on that setting, it's not even what the pedal is supposed to represent and I like the Low and Medium settings. The structure control on the least tight and middle are my faves. The Presence on Low. Prefer the Channel Blend to the right, more than 20% into the left, it sounds too shrill to me.

Can't wait to hear the pedal with the amp whacked up.

Bogner Wessex

Different voice to Lagrange, tighter, but not too modern sounding, goes from low to upper medium gain, the E and N switch is good, but will increase volume a bit on E setting.

Maxon OD-820

Too many things I never use on my VFE Scream so that'll get the boot and just have a plain and simple TS on the board, I've never compared different TS Pedals (TS808 VS T9's) and all that, but this one had good reviews and I think it sounds awesome.

Again I need to whack up all these pedals to gig volume ;)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom