Wife's card cloned :(

What's Hot
Some asshat's just cloned my wife's card...what kind of an asshole do you have to be to do that right before Christmas?

More to the point, how stupid do you have to be to use it to pay the rent on your student accomodation?
<space for hire>
9reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22177
    edited December 2016

More to the point, how stupid do you have to be to use it to pay the rent on your student accomodation?
    This level of stupid maybe? 

http://www.bestshots.co.uk/images/judges/j-collingridge.jpg

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LOL or Wis....LOL or Wis...
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Someone once stole my sister's cheque book and used it to pay their gas and electricity bills...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Some asshat's just cloned my wife's card...what kind of an asshole do you have to be to do that right before Christmas?

Good news - he won't have to pay any rent on his next digs.

Bad news - he probably won't like his roommate. Or his neighbours. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11314
    Couple of bits of experience for you:
    1) If the credit card company agrees to cancel the charges make sure they don't try and stiff you for interest on amounts unpaid which should never have been paid but which straddle one or more payment periods. Barclaycard tried that one on me.
    2) Use one of the free credit checks to make sure that your credit rating hasn't been damaged.
  • Hope it gets sorted. If they know who did it, it should be. Barclays were awesome when mine was cloned. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    could've been worse - could've been the Wife's Mother cloned...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    1) If the credit card company agrees to cancel the charges make sure they don't try and stiff you for interest on amounts unpaid which should never have been paid but which straddle one or more payment periods. Barclaycard tried that one on me.
    2) Use one of the free credit checks to make sure that your credit rating hasn't been damaged.
    It was a debit card, so the interest isn't a problem. Hadn't thought about #2, but I doubt it'll be an issue since it happened two days ago and they've put the money back in the account straight away.
    Hope it gets sorted. If they know who did it, it should be. Barclays were awesome when mine was cloned. 
    Yep, she's with Barclays too.
    <space for hire>
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9687

Good news - he won't have to pay any rent on his next digs.

Bad news - he probably won't like his roommate. Or his neighbours. 

But maybe his new roommate, and possibly his neighbors, will be quite fond of him... ;-)
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Its happened to me twice around xmas, i reckon people think that you might not notice a big purchase for a little while over this time of year. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ