SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Les Paul 1959 Reissue R9

What's Hot
OnparOnpar Frets: 418
edited January 2017 in Guitars £

SOLD Stunning 2005 Gibson Custom Shop 1959 Les Paul R9. This guitar is absolutely beautiful and comes in bourbon burst with a gloss finish. It sounds incredible and plays like a true Les Paul should. It features some very special upgrades including OX4 PAF clone hand wound pickups by Mark Stow (£225), a bone nut, and a new wiring harness from Mojo pickups has been fitted using Crazy Parts true vintage taper premium CTS pots and hands made caps. The top is a beautiful flame maple with the grain showing through in certain lights. This guitar weighs a comfortable 8.5 lbs with no weight relief. It comes complete with a Gibson custom shop case and all the usual case candy. There is minimum wear and has been very well looked after. This is a lot of guitar for the price. Cambridgeshire area. Cash on collection only. £2,950

Update: Looking for a quick sale. Price Drop to £2,800.

5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OnparOnpar Frets: 418
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Do you have some more pics, particularly of the top from different angles, but also of the rest of the guitar too! Thanks.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    Will upload 

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5635
    I fail to understand why anybody would LOL troll a tasty guitar advertised at a fair price.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I want to know how he got it to float on the settee in the 3rd picture down..?

lovely guitar and a free bump for the dickheads who lol'd it.
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2016
    Ha ha no idea why it looks like it is floating. I can assure everyone that it is firmly on the sofa
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    There are a lot of keyboard warriors about. For the phantom loI'rs I recently sold my 2007 R9 for.. shock horror.... £2950.
    Best of luck with your sale, it looks like a great guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4729
    Very nice looking guitar & good luck with your sale.   

But what's 'LOL Troll'? 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Onpar said:
    Ha ha no idea why it looks like it is floating. I can assure everyone that it is firmly on the sofa
    I was looking at it as if the guitar was on the back of the sofa and not the part you sit on...!!.. I think a lol troll is someone who lol's someone's sale thread in a sarcastic manner as if they are asking too much for a guitar....this is a great guitar at a very good price..!

• “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    That top is tasty, have a wow from me.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5073
    edited December 2016
    A keyboard warrior or troll who 'lols' a thread that doesn't deserve it. It is a very nice looking guitar at a decent price and light in weight - I've wis'd that for starters! I'm not sure about the veracity of "comes from a time when Gibson had access to some great materials" but I've got an R9 from 2005 so maybe that just made mine even better than I thought it was!  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    I can see it now. it does look as though it is floating!
    Thanks for the positive comments. I would love to keep it if I could.
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5635
    I'm not sure about the veracity of "comes from a time when Gibson had access to some great materials"
    Have you seen some of the fretboards on recent Gibson Custom Shop guitars?
    Played the R9 last night and wow! I am gutted to have to sell  :(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Looking for a quick sale. Price drop to £2,800.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Any offers???
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4729
    edited December 2016
    Shame re timing, as I will be looking for an R9 or R8 in the second half of new year but finances are currently tied up and won't be available til June.   :/
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)