Netflix series : 3%

TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7442
Check this one out - I'm really liking it

It's a Netflix original, but made in Brazil so in Portuguese with english subtitles - there is a language option to hear it dubbed to english but for some reason I prefer hearing the actors own voices and putting up with the subtitles.

Watch an episode and let me know what you think... 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    http://yejimeatbun.tumblr.com/post/134880853798/spontaneousmusicalnumber-kittensinsocks24

Sorry it's a tumblr link, but when you mentioned the english dub of 3% I was reminded of this. If you watch, do see it through to the end. I end up in tears every time I watch

I'll quote the backstory to the dub here:

"This is Ghost Stories, and in the original Japanese it was a highly respected anime about traditional spirits, intense drama, and a mother’s love extending past death to aid her children lol who am I kidding it was about the depth of a kiddy pool and as dramatic as your average Scooby-doo spinoff. 

It didn’t do too well in Japan, so the company wanted to get it dubbed to expand the audience and the profits for the show. America was in the middle of its early 2000′s anime boom, so shows that got dubbed were getting insanely popular left and right. 

The problem was, nobody wanted poor little Ghost Stories. So the company started getting desperate in its pitches. At one point, they were basically saying “We’ll let you do anything you want with it if you’ll just take it

And ADV films responded to that, OKAY

They ended up with only three rules. They had to keep the characters’ names the same, for licensing. They had to keep the ghosts’ names the same, because they were traditional Japanese spirits. And they had to maintain a semblance of a plot. The rest was 100% improvised by the actors. The show ended up basically all like this video. 

They originally wanted to redo the dub every few years, to keep up with current events and reference newer stuff, but budget never allowed for it."

'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • Well, we just finished watching 3% (much, much better in Portuguese with English subtitles).

Honestly the best thing I've seen on Netflix.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7442
    Well, we just finished watching 3% (much, much better in Portuguese with English subtitles).

Honestly the best thing I've seen on Netflix.
    yeah I was really impressed 
    Red ones are better.