P1ssing into the wind?

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• F*ck me, a piece about Art Galleries in Margate, and no mention of Tracy Emin!

• I'm not surprised. She's naff all to do with art!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited August 2013
    There's no doubt that the old town regeneration has been a good move for Margate, and the Turner gallery (as ugly as it is), brings visitors into the town. But the place is still a shithole, the high streets are dire, and the level of immigrants has once again increased, as has petty crime. The problem with all this is simple: there's no decent jobs here, it's an unemployment black spot. And until the council wakes up and realises the need to facilitate, for example, the development of the local airport and the surrounding area, then I can't see any sustainable change. There are some good things about Margate though, the A28 to Canterbury is one, and the Britannia boozer being set to reopen as a music venue is the other.

• I could imagine the development of the local airport being one reason why people like me would not want to live & work in Margate. However I quite accept that my loathing of noise & pollution is irrational and luddite.

Jobs: if you've got decent broadband and cheap property why wouldn't software people want to move in and set up shop?
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    If Chilli can't raise the standard of the place......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)