SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: BOTH SOLD Mesa Lonestar Special & Fryette Power Station

What's Hot
fred11fred11 Frets: 66
edited September 2017 in Amps £
Mesa Lonestar Special 1x12. £1050 serviced it last year and have used it very little (hence selling it) SOLD 

Also selling my Fryette Power Station since I don't use it with my other amps... £350 NOW SOLD

Both only for collection in Hampstead, London.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• These retail at well over £2000 now - so this looks like a bargain.

LSS cleans are exceptional....
  • A fine looking amp.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Interested in trades on the Lonestar?
  • fred11fred11 Frets: 66
    Maybe. What do you have for trades? 
  • garfygarfy Frets: 144
    Nice amp, Top fella. Buy with confidence people. GLWTS Fred. 
  • Sweet looking amp! GLWTS

• PM'd
    Both still available
  • edbolivaredbolivar Frets: 153

What version is the Power station?

I am about to get one, but read that they updated it in mid 2015 and would like to have the latest one.

It's the first version 
    There's a thread here about differences between the first and second:
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/power-station-v1-versus-power-station-v2.1735117/
    Also I think they released V2 mid 2016, I got mine end of 2015 from Peach...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    fred11 said:
    There's a thread here about differences between the first and second:
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/power-station-v1-versus-power-station-v2.1735117/
    Also I think they released V2 mid 2016, I got mine end of 2015 from Peach...
    The differences are tiny.  It is an excellent and simple product so naturally the improvements are going to be tiny - much more to do with marketing than function. :)
    Pulled, played them yesterday and remembered why I bought the lone star in the first place 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The differences are a better low volume taper and a switchable low pass. Plus they fixed the faulty components they had on the early versions...Fryette being a company who do final testing with their paying customers ;)
  • CastroCastro Frets: 512
    Did you keep the Fryette?
    edited July 2017
    Played it for a bit today and realised I'm just not that into the sound -prefer my Princeton. So both the amp and fryette are back up for sale
    Bump
    Have to vent a bit: had a guy come around yesterday (not from here, I've also posted it on gumtree which is where he found me). He asks to come after traffic has quieted down, so I rearranged my plans for Saturday evening to accommodate. He turns up at 8pm and starts by checking out all my guitars, talking about what neck size each one is and what guitars he has. Then he continues to play each one of them in the amp with and without the Fryette, wanting to hear how it sounds different with each guitar. He asks me to play while he changes the settings and in depth discusses how the Fryette works. 40 minutes later he says "now to the important test, let's see how heavy it is". He lifts it and says "oh, that's very heavy, hmmm I'm going to have to pass".
    This was no beginner who might not have realised what 59lbs means, he talked about having lots of amps and how much he likes his Lazy J. Definitely my worst experience of selling anything so far...
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9571
    fred11 said:
    Have to vent a bit: had a guy come around yesterday (not from here, I've also posted it on gumtree which is where he found me). He asks to come after traffic has quieted down, so I rearranged my plans for Saturday evening to accommodate. He turns up at 8pm and starts by checking out all my guitars, talking about what neck size each one is and what guitars he has. Then he continues to play each one of them in the amp with and without the Fryette, wanting to hear how it sounds different with each guitar. He asks me to play while he changes the settings and in depth discusses how the Fryette works. 40 minutes later he says "now to the important test, let's see how heavy it is". He lifts it and says "oh, that's very heavy, hmmm I'm going to have to pass".
    This was no beginner who might not have realised what 59lbs means, he talked about having lots of amps and how much he likes his Lazy J. Definitely my worst experience of selling anything so far...
    Yep, frustrating isn't it ?

I never understand how and why 'buyers' think this is acceptable... Ive been propa messed around in recent times.

Knock the dust off and move on mate. It'll sell :)
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 293
    fred11 said:
    Yep, frustrating isn't it ?

I never understand how and why 'buyers' think this is acceptable... Ive been propa messed around in recent times.

Knock the dust off and move on mate. It'll sell :)
    I think this is just downright rude behaviour. Hopefully, you'll find a buyer on this forum. I agree with @Wazmeister and to move on. Treat it as a (bad) learning experience. GLWS, and have a free bump!