Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Duesenberg Paloma - me likey !!!!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I  to say the whole sort of Dusen thing has grown on me over the years and never quiet sure if it just a good demo or they actually have something good going on.

probably need to actually play one.

ha ha

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    DiscoStu said:
    If I get one then I'm getting the Tipp-Ex out.

http://i.imgur.com/xYMOVLE.jpg

Haha.. Do it!!!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• grayngrayn Frets: 890
    I like the looks of Duesenbergs but I've played a few and have never been that impressed.
    They have a mechanical feel.
    Nothing cosy or organic about them.

They do seem popular with celebs though.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5775
    Anyone else taken in by the beauty of this beastie had a chance to play one yet?

Took a trip to Andertons a few weeks back to see if the guitar could match the expectations and what it felt like in the paws. In short, I thought it was just wonderful. It looks better in the flesh (was the blue one) than in most of the pics and videos and was by far the best factory set up guitar I've ever held. The sound wasn't exactly what you'd call classic strat tones but utterly beautiful none the less and I found it wonderfully comfortable to hold and play. 

In the end though, no sale. 

It was possible if I traded in my Caribou and added roughly the value of the Jap built Aerodyne strat. Given they share the same bridge pickup, trem, neck and lots of hardware, I left with my much loved Caribou and oddly, a rather nice Japanese Aerodyne Strat. Very happy with that decision but I'd absolutely love to have a Paloma one day.  

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12923
    Man. I love that so much. Coolest "off the shelf" guitar I've seen in a long time. Pricey though
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5775
    Man. I love that so much. Coolest "off the shelf" guitar I've seen in a long time. Pricey though
    It's certainly a lot of money and a £1600 guitar should really come with the case included. £200 more for that is just rude. 

But that said, as soon as you hold one you can see and feel that so much more money is put into it than anything you can get from Fender or Gibson for the same money. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom