Valves, have I bought the wrong thing?

What's Hot
paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3073
So my Ampmaker WF55 can use either 6L6 or 6V6 as a direct swap, so I thought I would replace my 6L6 and see if there is a difference......

I got this online A Mullard 6V6G T "Amerty" it will fit in the socket, bit is significanty smaller than the one ot replaces...am I OK using it.....

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii21/paulnb57/image_zpsesxgqlwe.jpeg

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72675
    That's fine - 6V6s are that size. (Some more modern ones are a bit bigger.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3073
    Cheers!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Here's mine, OK OK you can only tell it's a WF55 from the circuit board, but it has a JJ 6V6 in since new.

http://i.imgur.com/vstkjSX.jpg
    My issue now is the springs on the retainer thing are now too long....

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72675
    Take the retainer thing off, you don't really need it. They usually just rattle anyway.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Don't worry about them - as long as the valve is a snug fit it's not going to fall out - and the springs on the retainers only serve to give the amp a little (annoying) rattle!  As you see, mine doesn't have a retainer, never did infact.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    As usual thanks for the Wisdom!...