SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Bravewood Strat

What's Hot
Hi there,

I'm on the lookout for a Bravewood Strat with a rosewood fretboard if anyone is selling

Fire me a PM if you have one please

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I own three Bravewoods, I have a friend who has many more and some for sale. Pm me if you'd like his details 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HysterHyster Frets: 208
    Still looking :-)

• I have one but it's not for sale I'm afraid. It's an antique white '63 veneer board replica and its the finest strat I have ever played. Good luck finding one mate!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks Stevie, still on the hunt for a Bravewood :-)
    Still looking, cold hard cash waiting!
  • Just curious but did you ever find one?
    Yes I did, and It is awesome, someone has just messaged me saying they have one available if you are looking for one.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1954
    I would be quite interested, bearing in mind that Jon will build you one for £1400 new
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    Schnozz said:
    I would be quite interested, bearing in mind that Jon will build you one for £1400 new
    I thought they were £1600 + these days ?
    Someone told me he doesn't take orders anymore ?
    #thebatesmotelband
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1954
    I asked him for a '55 hardtail earlier in the year and he asked for £1400, but I didn't want any ageing etc, just a bit of crazing.
  • I don't think john is taking orders now. Hes built me 3 guitars over the years. All great, youre correct price wise its £1600 now. Ive got to know him quite well over the years and he did say on weds hes going to be building some ash teles so keep a lookout on the site 
  • I don't think john is taking orders now. Hes built me 3 guitars over the years. All great, youre correct price wise its £1600 now. Ive got to know him quite well over the years and he did say on weds hes going to be building some ash teles so keep a lookout on the site 
    I don't think john is taking orders now. Hes built me 3 guitars over the years. All great, youre correct price wise its £1600 now. Ive got to know him quite well over the years and he did say on weds hes going to be building some ash teles so keep a lookout on the site 
    I don't think john is taking orders now. Hes built me 3 guitars over the years. All great, youre correct price wise its £1600 now. Ive got to know him quite well over the years and he did say on weds hes going to be building some ash teles so keep a lookout on the site 
    Stevie, I guess this is what happens when you’re fretboarding at 2 o’clock In the morning!  ;)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bod1Bod1 Frets: 3
    I've bought two Strats from John this year, he's not taking orders and they cost £1600, I'd asked him to build me a Blackguard and he said he was looking for a nice piece of ash, so good to hear he's in the ash tele zone.  
    Stevie, I guess this is what happens when you’re fretboarding at 2 o’clock In the morning!  ;)

yep it certainly is,sorry guys. I'd just got back from a gig  :#
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    The Bravewoods are IMO really excellent guitars, and as they are built from the ground up, not from parts, they represent excellent value for money.  But I don't think John will make guitars on request, he just makes what he wants to and then it is first come, first served.  I've got a Bravewood strat that is amazing!  I don't play it much these days, as I'm concentrating on jazz on an archtop guitar, but when I do play it, it never fails to impress.
  • Love mine. It's a beast. Great neck