Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What Pedal "blew you away" this year?

What's Hot
DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4558
edited December 2016 in FX
For me it was getting my hands on a Rat .  Love that goddam sound .. also, very late to the party i know, but there you go.

anyways, this is what tgp say http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/what-pedal-blew-you-away-this-year.1772308/ what say you?

Ps, everytime someone says Helix i get to eat a quality street
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Snouse BlackBox for me. The overdrive in my head.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovetone Amp 11
    Eventide H9 (technically a multi effects but its does some truly unique things)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2246
    Mel9
  • For guitar - nothing really.

For bass:

Darkglass B7KU - Just nails high gain bass tones in a box...  It's going to become as recognisable in some genres as the BDDI is in others, but I guess that's because it works.

Aguilar Tone Hammer -  I put off buying this for absolutely ages but I love it.  Does that slightly compressed, slightly warm, barely over-driving sound so well.  Also makes for a really nice Jazz bass preamp without the AGS engaged.

SFX Micro Thumpinator - not so much blew me away but cleaned up the low B on my Jazz when going in to certain pedals (essentially it's just a steep high pass at 30hz).  Makes a big difference with my RBI, really cleans up the grit so it isn't so farty on higher gain settings.  Also works great with guitar pedals when they're being blended in via LS2... super useful, again much more so than I expected.

Digitech Bass Synth Wah - I bought it for the weird stuff but actually it has turned out to be a great tracking but decent sounding octave down.  Between it and the MXR BOD I feel I've got octaves fairly well covered (though I still have GAS for a COG).

• The Catalinbread Talisman. I've been searching for a quality plate verb for a long time, trying most of the stomp stuff and ending up with a tc nova verb for a year, but was blown away with the quality and function of the Talisman... well chuffed.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BJFE Mighty Green Mini Vibe. Had one a few years ago but sold it during a crisis.
    Managed to find anther one a few weeks ago and I'm blown away all over again.
  • My old Marshall Guv'nor Mk.1 which  had come  off my board because it didn't sound right. After a bit of TLC from  @juansolo ;
    and Cleggy it was back to its old self and my Wampler Plexidrive will be up in the classifieds very soon. There's a reason it's a classic.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72471
    Boss GT-5

How something so old and so cheap these days still sounds better than most of the new stuff on the market.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2233
    edited December 2016
    Fairfield Circuitry The Accountant compressor. How such a tiny pedal with two toggles and a volume dial can make my amp sound so good blows me away. Fantastic tone.
  • Does Helix count? If so, that. It's the most incredible piece of gear I've ever bought.
    Otherwise the Gurus DD1959. What a pedal.
  • Eventide H9 - even though I bought it a couple of years ago and it's not on my current rehearsal board, It amazes me every time I have a fiddle with it.

Origin Effects Cali76 Deluxe - fantastic compressor

DryBell Effects Vibe Machine V-2 - still the same great sound, now with even more incredible control.

R.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4986
    A clip on tuner that @Alnico ;sent me earlier this year. Great little thing....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4558
    edited December 2016
    Does Helix count? If so, that. It's the most incredible piece of gear I've ever bought.
    Otherwise the Gurus DD1959. What a pedal.
    Sure does, i think i'll have the green triangle one

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/439058/slide_439058_5773242_free.jpg

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tried a few this year that I have been impressed with (some not necessarily released this year, but it's the first time I've got to try them)...
    • Friedman BE-OD
    • PIOD What You Want 2
    • RYRA Klone
    • Buffalo M-1
    • Origin FX Sliderig CD
    • Suhr Reactive Load and Torpedo CAB (the absolute hands down winner - best thing I've ever done with my rig!)
    Sorry if I broke the rules!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4558
    @Jonathanthomas83 my thread = no rules .. pure anarchy
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cheers @DesVegas, true gent :-)
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Skreddy Rust Rod, a fantastic muff that I've been after for ages and finally got one last week.

RYRA Klone, nothing to say but amazing.

J Rockett Lenny, bought on a whim and love it, it colours my clean sound beautifully and has just the right amount of drive, all in all a great little pedal (that weighs a ton!)
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

Three for me -

Marshall Guv'nor - had it since I got it new when they first came out (89??), haven't used it for years. Wow!

Klon KTR - I know some people go so what? I just love it, both as clean boost, and an upmarket TS

Eventide H9 - got it two weeks ago, and it's changed my view of multi-fx - just sounds so good

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    OCD v1.7, it's just very good. 
  • I like my juansolo calvin and hobbes fuzz ball. Hates the ac15,  but plays great into stronger clean amps with tons of headroom. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom