Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Alien: Covenant

What's Hot
When the fuckity fuck is the trailer being released?! 
Film's out in May next year and I'm getting impatient! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ooooh nice, never knew this was happening. What's the guide plot?
  • Sequel to Prometheus, colony ship Covenant lands on the home world of the engineers - xenomorph related hilarity ensues. 
  • Fox treated some journos to some footage recently and the feedback has been very good. Proper space horror, lots of scares, gore, xenos, facehuggers plus some new aliens as well. Closer to Alien and Aliens apparently. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    I rewatched Prometheus a few months back and thought it was a lot better on second viewing. First time I was quiet disappointed as many were but actually I'm looking forward to the sequel
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I thought Prometheus was good, will check this out when released
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I liked Prometheus but found it a bit frustrating. I've got a copy of the original Jon Spaihts script, Alien: Engineers, before Damon Lindelof got involved. It links to the Alien films much better than the final draft. 
  • I liked Prometheus but found it a bit frustrating. I've got a copy of the original Jon Spaihts script, Alien: Engineers, before Damon Lindelof got involved. It links to the Alien films much better than the final draft. 
    Prometheus is great, as long as you watch it with your brain switched to "silent". As soon as you watch pretty much any scene with the grey matter engaged - particularly if you know your Alien mythology - the whole thing becomes a massive disappointment, and it's impossible to recover from that.

As far as I'm concerned, the only good bit of Prometheus was when it confirmed that it existed in the Blade Runner universe; that throws up some interesting possibilities for future films, I think.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Agreed there's a lot of bits that don't hold up under scrutiny. If you can find a pdf of Alien Engineers, it's worth a read.
    I believe it was written more as a straight up prequel to Alien but then for whatever reason it moved towards being more of a standalone film set in the same universe. Unfortunately, the end result wasn't really one or the other. 
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Prometheus was terrible, like an Abbott & Costello movie with better FX.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    mellowsun said:
    Prometheus was terrible, like an Abbott & Costello movie with better FX.

The production was pretty good. It was just the story that was bollocks. 
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    edited December 2016
    This animated version of Prometheus nails it!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• ;)

Agreed that a lot of it is bollocks, if they'd stuck to the original script I believe it would've been more popular. 
    I still enjoyed it though. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7343
    apparently we have 8% alien DNA
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Never watch a trailer if you think you want to watch the movie. Modern trailers ruin the film.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3505
    No, they don't.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4558
    axisus said:
    Never watch a trailer if you think you want to watch the movie. Modern trailers ruin the film.
    Although I do agree with this, that Rogue One trailer does look bloody marvellous.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LongtallronnieLongtallronnie Frets: 1201
    edited December 2016
    Rogue One tickets booked for Thursday, can't bloody wait!
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4316
    I had no idea about Covenant. I cannot wait for this!

With regards to Prometheus, I actually quite enjoyed it. My mates went to the cinema to see it and slated it. So I think that I watched it expecting the worst, but ended up pleasantly surprised. 

I tried not to link it directly to Alien(s) which I think helped. 

Covenant sounds like it's going to be more of the type of film a lot of people thought Prometheus would be.

Hasn't Ridley Scott said he's following this with a sequel to Aliens? Involving Ripley again. I think it's pretending 3 and Resurrection never happened as well, which isn't a bad thing (although 3 was alright).

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Yeah, Neill Blomkamp is directing Alien 5 which will feature Ripley and Hicks so Weaver and Biehn are back and the last two sequels will be ignored. Got high hopes for that one too.