Fender Mustang 2?

What's Hot
robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3605
Are these any good at recreating that vintage Fender sound? Anybody used one?

Is there a difference between v1 and v2?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4729
    edited December 2016
    The Mustangs are good dsp amps that pack a lot in at a competitive price. The Fender models are all pretty good and there are some nice tweaks you can do such as alter the sag on amps like the bassman model. Our other guitarist has a Mustang III which is much more flexible than the 2 because you can do virtually everything from within the amp itself..with the 2 some things can only be accessed by computer.  The 3 also has a better speaker. 

The v2 gets rid of certain bugs and fizziness that was in some of the v1's, so v2 is the one to go for.  

In fact all the amp, cab and effects models are pretty good too. 

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I gig with the Mustang 3 and its great. Does the Fender tones really well. If you want edit the tones is really easy and intuitive or you can just download some else's.
    I would also recommend getting the Mustang 3 v2 .Its relatively small and light for a 100w amp.  If your buying second hand ,look for one with the 4 button foot switch.
    bobblehat said:
    I gig with the Mustang 3 and its great. Does the Fender tones really well. If you want edit the tones is really easy and intuitive or you can just download some else's.
    I would also recommend getting the Mustang 3 v2 .Its relatively small and light for a 100w amp.  If your buying second hand ,look for one with the 4 button foot switch.
    +1 re getting the 4-pedal switch but make sure you still get the 2-button switch that comes with the amp too as there's much more versatility using the 4 and 2 switch together. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3605
    Would the three be a little loud for home use?
    edited December 2016
    robgilmo said:
    Not at all. It just has more headroom and volume but because its a modelling amp you can play it as quietly as a 2. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3605
    How do they compare to the Princetons? I see the Princeton 65 DSP usually sells for the same kind of money.
  • Voxman said:
    robgilmo said:
    Not at all. It just has more headroom and volume but because its a modelling amp you can play it as quietly as a 2. 
    I bought it so I could gig and play in the house.Sounds great at all volumes.Weirdly it does seem to come alive at gig volumes similar to a valve amp.Not sure how or why but it does.