(PRS Mira) I'm gonna stick my neck out.....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• gibbygibby Frets: 50
    I have 2 Miras; an early 2007 all Black affair with Moons; a White Body/Gold Hardware(Randy Rhoads!!) with MOP hollow birds.

Which one's best? Neither, but they are both very different! The 2007 Black is around 6.5 lbs, lovely round (regular?) neck and has a bright acoustic resonance and rings for "days". The 2008 White is nearer 7.5lbs, wide/thin neck and has a darker,more Les Paul Junior tone. Which is better??? For ME, I prefer the 2008 White model as it has more weight to it and "feels right" ; however I much prefer the bigger neck on the Black 2007 :3 . What puts me slightly off the Black 2007 is the "feeling" you get with a big neck attached to a thin body and the fact it is so light (for me).

Last year I sold my awesome "sounding" (and heavy)mid 1990's Black SG Std (Block markers/50's Big neck) for the same reason; couldn't get on with the Big neck/thin body "feel"..it wasn't so much about being neck heavy or balance specifically, it just didn't feel right to me. The guitarist that bought it from me (a mate who was in the process of emigrating) said it was the best one he'd ever played;it now resides in Australia :)..so everyone has a different opinion on what is BEST.
    That said,I feel the lighter 2007 Mira has a better balance than the SG.

NO winners or looser here...I just PREFER my 2008 White Model =)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22961
    gibby said:

The 2007 Black is around 6.5 lbs, lovely round (regular?) neck and has a bright acoustic resonance and rings for "days". The 2008 White is nearer 7.5lbs, wide/thin neck and has a darker,more Les Paul Junior tone. Which is better??? For ME, I prefer the 2008 White model as it has more weight to it and "feels right" ; however I much prefer the bigger neck on the Black 2007 :3 . What puts me slightly off the Black 2007 is the "feeling" you get with a big neck attached to a thin body and the fact it is so light (for me).

Sounds exactly like the one I had.  Wonder if it's the same one?  I sometimes wish I'd kept mine, but although it had the slightly bigger neck it was too skinny for my liking....
  • gibbygibby Frets: 50
    I had it from someone called Martin...
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22961
    gibby said:
    I had it from someone called Martin...
    I think I sold mine to a guy called Jack, but it could have travelled a bit in the last six years... probably not the same one though.