Testing cosmetics on animals.

What's Hot
Why oh why do some companies still do this, actually it's a lot of them, usually the big names with celebrity endorsees. Absolutely no need in this day and age to test out smellies on dogs and cats. China insists on every cosmetic sold in that cuntry to be tested on animals. So if you are buying cosmetics for your other half this year, please try to go cruelty free, do a quick google there are lots that do it.
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16776
    Think of the animals, don't the deserve to look pretty too!   ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16776
    edited December 2016
    In all seriousness I am against cosmetic testing, totally for medical testing though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I realise that it can be considered cruel, but what's the alternative? Human testing? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12421
    I realise that it can be considered cruel, but what's the alternative? Human testing? 
    There are lots of companies that don't test on animals, some big names and lots of smaller ones. It isn't necessary.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I thought it had been banned in the UK.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4321
    I think it's horrific you can still put lipstick on a pig

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Totally agree,  vile practice, it's not wanted or needed...... No surprise it's huge in China though ,  they act as if they actively detest all animals. Horrible place. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Do I look like a fecking dog or rabbit? (actually, don't answer that).

Surely the people making these things know what chemicals are in them and a decent chemist should be able to say if it could be harmful or not.

Lazy profit driven consumerism.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6720
    It's brutal. When they look for toxicity levels, if the animal doesn't die from normal use (via application, ingestion or injection) they keep filling the poor little thing until it dies. In some cases that means force feeding, in others shaving and smothering with gunk. Not good. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    this is something we;ve been aware of for a long time, being vegetarians and that. Any firm that wants to export to Russia or China has to have had their cosmetics tested on animals. It is a brutal practice and as has been said, unnecessary.

I cannot understand the mentality of the lab staff who can drop things into rabbit's eyes, or shave a section of skin bare, and then apply something to see if it goes raw.

There is something wrong with people like that.