Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Riverside on That Pedal Show

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    At least people are talking about it.
    This thread's 3 pages long and counting.
     =) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2168
    For that sort of money you can pretty much take your pick of Kingsley's or indeed most other manufacturers range. A Bogner Blue or Red for example. 
    No brainer really. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Sassafras said:
     =) 

People are also talking about Donald Trump.

• Well, he's almost the same colour as the Riverside. 

dindude said:
    Sassafras said:
     =) 

People are also talking about Donald Trump.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    I have tried one of these.

I think Strymon need commending for managing to model to perfection the venerable MT2 and the Marshall Valvestate gain sections.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited December 2016
    Looking forward to Line6 modelling it on the Helix.

I wonder if TPS will ever do a pedal showdown with the Helix?
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2231
    edited December 2016
    Gassage said:
    I have tried one of these.

I think Strymon need commending for managing to model to perfection the venerable MT2 and the Marshall Valvestate gain sections.
    Pitted against all your Pete Cornish, the Riverside was never going to stand much of a chance.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    The daftest thing is that it doesn't even compete on flexibility. 

The Nova Drive can do OD and Distortion in either order, or in parallel and can be programmed with MIDI. From what I can hear on the demo it also sounds better.
  • In all honesty, I'm enjoying the tone I'm getting from the Tumnus and Friedman so much, I'm not sure getting the Riverside again (this time with hard earned pedal sale and Xmas £) is worth it. I've been mainly looking at good transparent ODs to stack before the Tumnus so I can get that tone but with more gain. A Riverside would obviously be overkill for just that.
    In all honesty, I'm enjoying the tone I'm getting from the Tumnus and Friedman so much, I'm not sure getting the Riverside again (this time with hard earned pedal sale and Xmas £) is worth it. I've been mainly looking at good transparent ODs to stack before the Tumnus so I can get that tone but with more gain. A Riverside would obviously be overkill for just that.
    I'm so out of the loop re. pedals that this episode of TPS is the first time I've seen the Tumnus.  What Friedman are you using it with.  I sometimes want a pedal to push the Small Box over the edge a bit instead of relying on Ch1 and Ch2 switching.
  • andyoz said:
    In all honesty, I'm enjoying the tone I'm getting from the Tumnus and Friedman so much, I'm not sure getting the Riverside again (this time with hard earned pedal sale and Xmas £) is worth it. I've been mainly looking at good transparent ODs to stack before the Tumnus so I can get that tone but with more gain. A Riverside would obviously be overkill for just that.
    I'm so out of the loop re. pedals that this episode of TPS is the first time I've seen the Tumnus.  What Friedman are you using it with.  I sometimes want a pedal to push the Small Box over the edge a bit instead of relying on Ch1 and Ch2 switching.
    Ah, should've been clearer, sorry. Not a Friedman amp, I meant the BE-OD pedal. Amazing for high gain.

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/24634-friedman-amplification-unveils-the-be-od

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7437
    andyoz said:
    Looking forward to Line6 modelling it on the Helix.

I wonder if TPS will ever do a pedal showdown with the Helix?
    @andyoz Mick has ordered a Helix and is going to make a kind of documentary about his experiences. Story is that he is sceptical but too many people whose opinion he respects are raving about the benefits for a gigging pro. 

Should be an interesting experiment. I don't think its going to be part of the TPS stuff. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    That'll be really good as he's an obvious sceptic.