SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Westbury Standard Japan 70s/80s £150

What's Hot

I have decided to move on my Vintage Japanese Westbury Standard in a Burgundy Wine Finish.

This is a really solid and well crafted guitar that I believe are becoming quite collectable. I bought this with the intention of restoring it, however I simply don't have the time and need to clear some space. 

As you can see the guitar has been well used and does exhibit various dings and bumps that I have tried to fully document. Also, one of the volume pots has been snapped off at some point and the bridge pickup possibly needs rewiring (I haven't checked the guts). Still it plays and sounds great and I'm sure in the right hands can be brought back to its former glory.

The guitar has no case, but will be well packaged if postage is preferred. Price includes postage which will be tracked and insured.

Here is some info from the Westbury website:

The body of the Westbury Standard has a slightly offset double cutaway design made of mahogany. The neck is a joined set neck with a steel reinforced adjustable truss rod which is also made of mahogany. The neck is a 5 piece, 22 fret rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlays with a black headstock overlay with a "Westbury" logo and "W" design with three tuners per-side. The bridge is adjustable with a stop tailpiece. The Westbury standard comes with two DiMarzio humbucker pickups (bridge: DiMarzio Super D, neck: DiMarzio PAF-style), four knobs (two volume, two tone) with a three-way pickup toggle selector. The hardware is chrome and the Westbury Standard was available in Black, Natural, Sunburst, Walnut, or Burgundy Wine finish. The Westbury Standard was manufactured from 1979-1981.

photo s-l1600 1_zpszb4qcjghjpg photo s-l1600 2_zpspdckoynrjpg photo s-l1600 3_zpsyyoeazfljpg photo s-l1600 5_zpsavicxtjzjpg photo s-l1600 7_zpseihfwwrhjpg photo s-l1600 8_zpsjwcgrc56jpg photo s-l1600 4_zpsu8ppkpuajpg photo s-l1600 11_zpsctj9p49cjpg
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments