SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Collings 290 TV Yellow - NO LONGER FOR SALE

What's Hot
CDM83CDM83 Frets: 33
edited March 2017 in Guitars £
changed my mind a few times on this - but it's not getting used, so decided to move on.

Fantastic guitar - amazing build quality, very versatile, sounds great. Just read any reviews and you'll get the idea.

I'd give this 9.5 out of 10. Very little play time. No fret wear. Made in 2007. Professionally serviced a month or two ago. 

The case is a work of art itself. The case is new actually. 

Probably no trades but will listen to custom shop strats, custom shop 335/339, Nik Huber, PRS. No les pauls/teles. Lazy J. 

i'd rather not ship Collection from Poole, Dorset. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CDM83CDM83 Frets: 33
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Is that a shadow or is there some slight staining just below the tailpiece?
    re the staining  - in bright light, you can just about see a mark from the old case. 

it's nothing to worry about though - i wrote to Collings about it when i first got the guitar and got the response below. If i'm honest, it's faded naturally without me doing anything since changing the case, so i haven't bothered leaving it in direct light to make it totally go away. 

Regarding the color bleed on your finish, this is something I can help you with to get it to disappear permanently. This color will actually wash away with exposure to UV sunlight. Would you have an opportunity to essentially leave it outside in direct sunlight for several hours? I know this sounds somewhat unusual, but it definitely works!! The important thing would be to find a window of time wherein the weather is agreeable with your schedule. You'll essentially be looking for a sunny day that is not too hot (50-70 degrees Fahrenheit would be ideal). Letting your guitar sit on a towel in direct sunlight for 4-6 hour stretches, exposing all of the color bleed areas (front and back) to several days of this treatment ought to wash away the burgundy color completely.
    Let me know if you're amenable to this course of action. We want to take care of you on both fronts!

Very kind regards from Austin,

Mark Althans
    Collings Repair Manager

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think Coda either had this guitar or one like it - in their second hand stock quite some time ago - with similar red staining on the front of the body and maybe also in a small area on the back of the neck.

290s are great guitars.

• DennyDenny Frets: 1
    I have a PRS 25th anniversary 
    10 top black with great finish, it has shadow bird inlays
    with case 
    are you interested in trading 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    replied Denny
    nice guitar cmacguitar, but not for me i'm afraid.