Anyone tried AMT solid state amps yet?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    ragingben said:
    Sorry for the necro bump, but thought it may be of interest to a few guys on here who I know have been talking about the Stonehead - I bought one off of ebay for £250 a few days ago, a black one second hand so hopefully should arrive at work in a day or too. I'll update once it has, probably try gigging it Friday if all is well as we have a pub gig that nees some jangly cleans, crunch and some heavyish distortion so it could fit the bill well.

In the meantime please head to the Classifieds where I currently have a Nova System and Behringer FCB1010 for sale to fund said amp and keep Mrs ragingben happy!
    Good job @ragingben  it will be interesting to see what you think. Watching that vid again has made me realise how small it is too, bonus.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    It looks like something they might use in a hospital for extracting compacted excrement.

Had a few of the AMT pedals, wasnt all that impressed, a few of the clips sound decent for the Stonehead though.
  • Good effort, full review needed!
  • Would be nice to hear if it can pull off clean gain tones. Bluesy etc. There seems to be a current trend of ripping the arse out of an amp and simply only doing metal and djent demos.

Not all of us follow the heard and there are many other musical styles that amps can lend themselves to but im not seeing much of at the moment.
  • I'd also be interested in whether it can work as a clean/mildly distorted amp as well please.  Would be really interested if it can do a passable AC30 ballpark though I'm probably asking too much.
  • Agreed. To be honest the crunch channel has been what has impressed me most in videos online. In my main band I'm playing 60% jangly clean, 30% crunch and mid overdrive and the rest fuzz or all out drive. I wanted something small, light, hopefully reliable and not valve. Hopefully it will have a decent amount of clean headroom for its rating too, and it's cool that it has a 2 master volumes although I doubt I'll use that. I'll try do a demo over Christmas of all the channels and some simple playing so people can here it well.
  • It can do bluesy crunch, one of the demos shows it (might be a namm demo).

Hopefully it'll be awesome.