SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 1966 Fender Telecaster 'Player' SOLD!

wishboneswishbones Frets: 46
edited January 2017 in Guitars £

This is my 'player' Telecaster using the following parts:

Original 1966: Neck, tuners, neck plate, bridge, controls, bridge pick up (needing rewind).

Later parts: Monster Relic double edge bound body, Fat Boy relic mint guard, DiMarzio True Velvet p/ups, recessed jack socket..

The neck is superb and a perfect fit to the body with no shims, it was refretted in the recent past with medium jumbos, so hardly worn. It has a couple of small holes on the face of the headstock, not sure for what. Monster Relic bodies are premium grade and well finished. It plays and sounds great, has the 'real' feel of a 50 year old tele for a fraction of the price of a new Custom Shop (good as they are).

The original bridge plate was cut for a bridge humbucker at some time in the past (I suspect that if it also had a humbucker in the neck it would have been the reason for changing the body, this is just my speculation). This original bridge plate has been expertly re-united, hardly noticeable. Comes with an early 60's Selmer croc case, which is what early UK supplied Fenders came with, sound and functional but tatty outer.

Price £1800 1700, not prepared to post but willing to meet.

PMs only please

More pix at: http://s936.photobucket.com/user/badknees2/library/1966%20Tele%20Partscaster

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 31084

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    This looks great!  I'm forcing myself to resist as I've got far too much stuff at the moment, but it looks like a great guitar that is still something you could take out and gig
  • hoopshoops Frets: 227
    This not only looks great but feels and sounds great. I'd have it if I didn't already have one!
  • Post Xmas bump and price reduction prior to listing elsewhere.