SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded 2005, Shed PAF Daddys and Faber Hardware

What's Hot
nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
edited March 2017 in Guitars £
After a few messages when posting I may be selling this I thought I'd better get on with actually doing a classified ad!

In the quest to score a vintage junior and free up some funds I've made the rash decision to sell my 2005 Gibson Les Paul Faded. You all probably know about this sought after year of the fadeds so I won't waffle on about it.  There's plenty of info over on mlp and Larry Corsa's site if you don't know much about them though.  This was the first year of these Fadeds and they're the only ones with the traditional weight relieving rather than chambered bodies and is considered the best year for these models.

It's got an incredible top that changes appearance from all angles. There's some nice figuring, flame and mineral steaks that give it a real vintage vibe. It's currently fitted with Shed PAF Daddy aged zebra pickups (I don't have the original Burstbuckers anymore). There's a Faber aged kit in place replacing the studs, inserts, tailpiece and now an ABR Faber bridge. There is a set of aged Kluson tuners and art of aging knobs, pointers, plastics and switch tip (the original plastics and knobs are in the case). 

The neck is a very comfortable 60s profile and the guitar weighs in around 8lb 13oz on bathroom scales. It comes in it's original Gibson hardcase but there is no pickguard (not that you'd want to cover up this top anyway).

I'm looking for £1500 ppg/bank transfer for it including delivery in the UK. 
Edit sold 1400

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for looking.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    edited December 2016
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 763
    Nice lookin' piece.........

Looking for any trades? Santa & impending house renovation depletes the funds.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    SRich said:

Unfortunately not really looking for any trades, unless you happen to have a 54-57 sunburst single cut junior, a 58-60 cherry double cut junior or a 60s Pelham Blue Melody Maker SG you have going spare.  Cheers
  • These are seriously good Les Pauls . . . especially with the mods. IMO the only weakness of the 2005 Fadeds were those burstbuckers. With a decent PAF-alike they are fantastic. I have owned a few CS reissues which I've moved on. But I'll never sell my 2005 Faded. Good luck with the sale . . . even if you are bonkers for even thinking about it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • HysterHyster Frets: 208
    Agree with Blacksheep, Faber hardware and Mules in mine, no chance I would part with mine
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Another big fan here.  Historic reissues came and went.  Still have two of these.  Fantastic guitars.

Agreed on the Burstbucker Pros.  They can sound thin and brittle.  Upgrade a Faded with better pickups and good hardware, and it's right up there with the historics.
  • nickb_boy said:
    SRich said:

Unfortunately not really looking for any trades, unless you happen to have a 54-57 sunburst single cut junior, a 58-60 cherry double cut junior or a 60s Pelham Blue Melody Maker SG you have going spare.  Cheers
    why would you swap a proper Gibson for a cheaper student model guitar?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    nickb_boy said:
    SRich said:

why would you swap a proper Gibson for a cheaper student model guitar?
    I suppose 50-60 years ago my 56 Champ and 62 Princeton were considered student models too.  These days they'd compete with anything modern I could  find at most budgets.  I guess I just  need to scratch that vintage itch at the moment, and then will regret it later!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Where are you based out of interest?
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    edited December 2016
    Wilson94 said:
    Where are you based out of interest?

and will you be at home over Christmas ?

which days will you be visiting relatives?

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    I think I'm in love
  • Looks a beauty, and great upgrades. If it had a 50s neck I'd be checking the bank balance right now...
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    Wilson94 said:
    Where are you based out of interest?
    I'm over near Norwich, which is usually miles from anywhere!!!
  • Wow! great top. Wrong time of year, as I would definitely be making an offer.
    edited December 2016
    PM's replied to
    Back up
    Buyer no show bump
    Up
    I've decided to go all in for a 59 so this is back up
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited February 2017
    I want this, but I'd need to find a buyer for the LP Trad I currently have...    :s