Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Headphones

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 986
    Nerine said:
    I'd look at some Sennheisers personally. 

Ive got a pair of HD600's coming. They're kinda in the midrange of Sennheisers range, but they're usually highly regarded for mixing etc. Probably moreso than the higher priced ones. 

I love hd600s 

One of my best ever purchases 
    Good to hear that.  

Just ordered a pair 10mins ago from Amazon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    edited January 2017
    Sennheiser HD25s are good.

Also the hd280s
  • I've heard good things about some of the Superlux models from Thomann?

---I've got some. They're very good value IMO. If you're on a budget you could do a lot worse. 
  • +1 for audio technica. 
    Even better, the model that has flat frequency response (m50x??) are cheaper than the ones with boosted bass. I've got them and they're great.
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
    I've got Audiotechnica ATH-M50 and they are great. It's got a long coiled cable as well so you don't have to sit on top of your amp. I can thoroughly recommend them. 

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7807
    At m50 h great for s gear rubbish with helix.
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2417
    Google headphone impedance and try to work out what you need for your device (ie what your interface outputs) - once you know, come back and I'm sure folks will recommend stuff from there...
    It's not like valve amps and loudspeakers, there is no need to try to match impedance between a headphone amp and the phones.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Stuckfast said:
    Google headphone impedance and try to work out what you need for your device (ie what your interface outputs) - once you know, come back and I'm sure folks will recommend stuff from there...
    It's not like valve amps and loudspeakers, there is no need to try to match impedance between a headphone amp and the phones.
    I was talking about volume. You get a lot of grumbling when people buy headphones for something and complain that they are too quiet
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2417
    Ah yes. Generally speaking the lower the impedance of the headphones, they louder they'll be with a given source.