NAD 1977 silverface Champ

What's Hot
mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
edited December 2016 in Amps
Well that was quick. Decided I wanted to try to find a piece of equipment from my birth year and as a (relatively) inexpensive option, thought I'd go for a silverface Champ. Within a day one had popped up at Charlie Chandler's shop. Went to have a look at it this morning and had to have it. A few gratuitous shots here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132073961@N07/shares/9BnCHa

I'm pretty sure the transformer code dates (that part at least) to 1 week after my birthday so I couldn't say no! Not exactly a museum piece - speaker been changed and the grill cloth has a slightly odd overlapped bit at the bottom. But I connected with it straight away - so who cares! I think those bits helped me improve the price...

These little Champs can roar. Wonderful home amp. I still remain convinced that pedals can't recreate the sound of real tube overdrive. 

Very happy chappy - although some stuff may need to be sold to re-line the coffers. 

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72394
    I might have a piece of the correct grille cloth big enough to do the job properly - you're right, it's been bodged but if it helped get the price down that's not so bad! It might take me a while to find it though, I think it's in the loft :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2926
    tFB Trader
    Nice one, happy NAD... We brought one back from the US last yr in a suitcase, not as tidy as your one. Makes some fine noise when given beans.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    edited December 2016
    ICBM said:
    I might have a piece of the correct grille cloth big enough to do the job properly - you're right, it's been bodged but if it helped get the price down that's not so bad! It might take me a while to find it though, I think it's in the loft .
    Cheers guys. @ICBM I think I'll probably just leave it as it is but v kind of you. I quite like the character it adds :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom