2»

Comments

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1280
    edited December 2016
    Try speaking to Chris at Rift Amps.
    Already have, thanks  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1280
    @imalrightjack @uncledick I tried the Boogie option a while back and although it did provide a lot of options I didn't think it was amazing at any of them. At the time I was looking for something JTM45 ish, ended up buying an MJW. Thanks for the suggestion though  :)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72429
    Fez said:
    I've said it before i can't understand why Fender don't do the Hot Rod Deluxe as a head I'd have one tomorrow if they did.
    Because the chassis layout makes it impossible to fit into a head without a complete re-design, and difficult even then.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 527
    Have I wiz @ICBM One wonders if there would be a big enough market to make the re-design worth doing.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72429
    Fez said:
    Have I wiz @ICBM One wonders if there would be a big enough market to make the re-design worth doing.
    To be honest, despite the reason I'm a bit surprised they haven't - although the chassis and possibly the PCBs would need to be redesigned that isn't a huge job with modern production technology, and given that the circuit itself is completely proven there would be no R&D cost for that part of it. It would certainly be less expensive than designing a new head entirely, eg the Supersonic.

My guess would be partly that Fender perceives 'Tweed type' amps as being a 'combo format', for historical reasons. Even though most are done in black Tolex, the HRD is still fundamentally a Tweed-type amp rather than a BF one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein