Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Methinks Amazon's algorithm has gone squiffy (Bugera content)

What's Hot

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    They're sending me emails about this amp now. Still won't sell it me though.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    ^ Tell that to Whirlpool :D
    That's true, although the power capability and fuse ratings in a washing machine or a tumble drier are much greater, so the fusing won't be anywhere near as effective at shutting it down before something goes up in flames.

There are plenty of house fires caused by all sorts of crappy domestic appliances, but to date I've never heard of one caused by a guitar amp. Not even AC30s :).
    Ah but once we get rid of all this EU red tape.. ;)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @usedtobe Drop me a message if you do manage to get one, cos I might pick the other one up :smiley: 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    usedtobe said:
    ICBM said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    ^ Tell that to Whirlpool :D
    That's true, although the power capability and fuse ratings in a washing machine or a tumble drier are much greater, so the fusing won't be anywhere near as effective at shutting it down before something goes up in flames.

There are plenty of house fires caused by all sorts of crappy domestic appliances, but to date I've never heard of one caused by a guitar amp. Not even AC30s :).
    Ah but once we get rid of all this EU red tape.. ;)
    I know you're only joking, but I don't think it's anything to do with the EU- they (Whirlpool) are aware there's a problem (and have been for at least a year I think) and seem to be just dragging their heels. I know Which? is raging about it.

I actually think we have one of the affected ones but it it died a good while back (and was never really right even from the start, I think we already had to get it repaired under warranty). Being philosophical about it, that might actually be a good thing since at least it didn't burn down the house...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Dave_Mc
    Yeah, just joking.
    I was actually trying for a cheap laugh at the idea that no more EU safety regs will add more excitement to guitar playing. Will the amp catch fire? Will I make it to the end of the gig without getting electrocuted? That sort of thing..

The whirlpool thing kinda slipped by me, as it goes.
    Coincidentally though, an old friend of mine was nearly taken out by an exploding hotpoint washer door. Flying glass would have caused serious damage to anyone within 12 feet of the thing. Luckily, no-one was in the room at the time!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    wow that's crazy!

I have a vague recollection of reading about something along those lines in which? too.

i know about the tumbledryer thing because of which?, basically. it's not just whirlpool either, it's a bunch of their sub-brands too (ours is a creda i think).

and yeah i know it was just a joke, don't worry. :)
  • TimmyO said:
    Surely this is slam-dunk false advertising? 
    A retailer chooses if they want to sell you something. Nothing has to be sold at an advertised price. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    Every time this thread pops up I hope that someone has managed to buy a Bugera Marshall clone for £150.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    mixolyd said:
    Every time this thread pops up I hope that someone has managed to buy a Bugera Marshall clone for £150.

Well I did try, even started an online chat sessions to sort it out. They said they'd fix it and email to tell me. I did say at the time I bet it'll never happen, and it hasn't

Might try again if I get bored.
  • I'm trying now- i'll let everyone know!
  • Asked for my address and phone number... it's a secure connection to an amazon.co.uk chat pop up... I dunno, let's see!
  • I think I was also fobbed off, somewhat. Apparently there is a discrepancy between the stock amount shown, and the actual stock amount which is making the issue. I've been given a time frame within which to order, we shall see. I will report back again.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7491
    TimmyO said:
    Surely this is slam-dunk false advertising? 
    A retailer chooses if they want to sell you something. Nothing has to be sold at an advertised price. 
    Are they allowed to deliberately advertise something at a price that can/will not be sold to anyone at that price? I know they don't HAVE to sell to you at that price, but that's to cater for errors no? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    I got through to Amazon via a chat session again yesterday, seems the problem hasn't been fixed.

Let me guess the outcome..... they'll fix it and the stock will suddenly evaporate. New stock will be a few 100 £'s dearer.

If this isn't actually illegal, its very sharp practise and should be outlawed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    It (I'm guessing) isn't illegal, it definitely is sharp practice, and (I confidently predict) won't be outlawed, sadly..
    I guess that's the world we live in, now..

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72486
    It won't be illegal because it would be difficult to prove it wasn't an honest mistake. At the end of the day you do not have a right to buy anything no matter what the advertised price if the seller chooses not to sell to you, so I really wouldn't waste too much time trying.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SimonCSimonC Frets: 1399
    I wonder if any other online retailer would entertain a price match here?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    At the end of the day you do not have a right to buy anything no matter what the advertised price if the seller chooses not to sell to you
    Really? Isn't that why that bakery in Belfast got done for, cos they refused to sell a cake to someone because he was gay?  (hope I'm remembering that right)

If a business offers to sell you something at a particular price and you take them up on that offer, how can they then refuse to sell it to you?
  • They can refuse to sell it to you. That's what I never understood about the Belfast case, essentially if they had said nothing they would have been within their rights but because they wouldn't sell it for a gay marriage it was an act of discrimination. A price is an invitation to treat - ' a supply of information to tempt customers to submit an offer.'
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72486
    Exactly that - they are within their rights to refuse to sell, for any reason. Except if they explain the reason and it is discriminatory - if the bakery hadn't given the reason they would not have broken the law.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein