Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

"Socks and pants as presents" support thread

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Socks, boxers, smellies, PJ's....but also some good books - autobiogs from Buddy Guy, Walter Trout and Johnny Marr - and the newish Stones "Stripped" 4x DVD package. Happy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7427
    Socks, boxers, smellies, PJ's....but also some good books - autobiogs from Buddy Guy, Walter Trout and Johnny Marr - and the newish Stones "Stripped" 4x DVD package. Happy.
    Get thee feck out in to the loved-people's threads! ;-) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • A scarf, a tin of biscuits and a book token.

I think I did quite well this year, actually.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    Red ones are better. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wish I could give that more than just the one lol :)
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    Isn't it great to get socks? That's something I would never bother to buy. But it's also great to have got chocolate as well.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    We don't do presents really from my house, but i did get my sister some Marc Jacob perfume, she gave me a cook book on burgers and a travel book.  I like both, so i am happy about that.

With all the money saved in not having to buy people presents, i bought myself an Anova immersion precision cooker.  £150 water bath thing.  
  • No socks at all which is disappointing, BUT made up with tickets for Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds in London in March 
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited December 2016
    All I wanted was some deodorant,  some stinky stuff, some skin cream stuff, socks, pants and a few tops from the bargain section of walmart. Two out of six is a win for me, although my armpits still smell like onions, thats better than the annual score of our darts team.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    I got my wife Socks for Christmas. So far all parties seem entirely happy with the situation...

http://i.imgur.com/VJJYE6K.jpg
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Managed to pour a Christmas cocktail (a Manhattan) down my pressie shirt. <hic>

Best behaviour, Chef de cuisine today so not imbibing until everyones noshing.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:

yes I saw your FB post - how many are coming????? lol 
    Red ones are better. 
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2246
    I feel your collective pain. A number of years ago I started a policy of only wanting beer, spirits or chocolate. It doesnt matter how big how small what brand or how cheap. There's also a sub group of coffee, same rules. 

This year I got a very nice single malt, JD in various shapes and sizes, Vodka, various chocolates and various coffee things including cups and an expresso maker to replace the one I broke this year (handle fell off after years of service). 

My daughter tends to buy plants that are impossible to grow in my garden. This year it was a maple tree. I'm hoping it survives so I can make guitars in 50 yrs time. I'm 54 and quite frankly wouldnt mind surviving 2016 for starters the way things are going. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    TimmyO said:
    Jalapeno said:

yes I saw your FB post - how many are coming????? lol 
    Just the ten !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback