Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

RIP George Michael

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• Snap said:
    He seemed to be a very troubled man, which is tragic given his talent.
    I was thinking just the same - it almost as though talent comes at a price for some. I think the best musicians tend to a very thin skin, which means they find many aspects of life difficult - they are often highly intelligent as well, which can be unhelpful when trying to figure out the world.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30925

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Snap said:
    He seemed to be a very troubled man, which is tragic given his talent.
    I was thinking just the same - it almost as though talent comes at a price for some. I think the best musicians tend to a very thin skin, which means they find many aspects of life difficult - they are often highly intelligent as well, which can be unhelpful when trying to figure out the world.
    He always made me sad tbh. As soon as it started to emerge as to how tortured he was, I just thought he was a very very tragic man. And if this all boiled down to him having to hide his sexuality, that's even more sad.

There was a piece in yesterday's digital Guardian, and it revealed a deeply unhappy man. All that talent and success and it was all probably meaningless as far as he was concerned. If you are to believe what is said about his drug taking and rampant promiscuity, it seems he must have been constantly looking for an escape.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom