Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

2017 - can only get worse.......

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    I reckon Rick Wakeman for 2017...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    equalsql said:
    Um... Only 3 Bad Company, sadly Boz Burrel died a while ago.
    True...and they weren't immune to the 2016 curse either, Mick Ralphs suffered a debilitating stroke only last month, it's unlikely he'll play again I'm afraid. 
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    Unless I've missed something, there's still 3 from led zeppelin alive. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    hywelg said:
    6 Rolling Stones, 2 Beatles, 2 Who, 2 Zeppelin,  4 Sabbath, 3 Queen, 4 Bad Co, 2 Cream, 3 (or more!)Fleetwood Mac, both Kinks brothers, John Mayall, 4 Slade, 
    I kind of thought that would end "Alan Partridge in a pear tree"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Don't want to say it. But possibly Clapton, Joni Mitchell or Peter green. 

2016 has been shite though bowie and Prince in one year were the ones that got me.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • DrJazzTap said:
    Don't want to say it. But possibly Clapton, Joni Mitchell or Peter green. 
    EC seems in decent health - he has dates at the Albert Hall lined up in Spring and is playing in New York & LA. He's too much of a hero for me to contemplate his demise.

Aparently Joni Mitchell has been seen out and about - so let's hope she's on the mend - though I share your fears about her well-being. 

Peter Green seems to have completely disappeared off the radar for a while. I just hope where ever he is that he's happy. After all his difficulties he deserves some peace in his final years. Had his creative purple patch continued, he might well have the greatest guitar player of all time. He shone brightly enough for long enough to be pretty close as it is....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    After the sad list of big name artists to pass in 2016 I bet the rest of the people involved in Live Aid 85 are absolutely bricking it.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    edited December 2016

Peter Green seems to have completely disappeared off the radar for a while. I just hope where ever he is that he's happy. After all his difficulties he deserves some peace in his final years. Had his creative purple patch continued, he might well have the greatest guitar player of all time. He shone brightly enough for long enough to be pretty close as it is....
    Someone posted a clip on my farcebook feed of PG and his family celebrating his 70th birthday in October. He looked remarkably good so I would hope he's not going to pop his clogs anytime soon. I think he lives round the Canvey/Southend area, my cousin lives down that way and sees him round Southend fairly regularly.