Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Post your vintage guitar pics

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 2953
    wowser!

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Voxman said:
    Pics of that lovely TB are very professional - did you do them yourself?  How did you get the black background and that lovely angle shot?!  
    I had Mark at World Guitars make me one of his books for a few of my collection. All his work I'm afraid, I take no credit! 
  • '65 Electric XII:

'63-'67 Kawai S-170:

'73 Rickenbacker 4001:

'74 Fender Precision:

The Kawai was my first guitar, given to me by an uncle who died shortly aftewards. It has massive sentimental value. The neck is like a cricket bat and the pickups are microphonic as hell, but it sounds great.

I got the XII for a steal really. It was an eBay purchase and the auction finished on the night when the London riots were in full swing. Maybe everyone was too distracted. I put in a stupidly low bid and no one bid against me. I don't think that black was a factory colour, so it's probably been resprayed. I often have it tuned to DADGAD.

The Rick was bought in 1990 from the Drum And Guitar Centre in Cambridge. I wasn't actively looking for anything at the time, but it was only £299. I couldn't get out of the shop with it quick enough, in case the price was a mistake. My favourite bass. I've been offered stupid money for it by complete strangers, but it ain't going anywhere!

I bought the Precision in either 1984 or 1985. Although I didn't play bass at the time, none of my bass playing friends could play in the style I wanted for my own music, so I thought I'd do it myself. This came from WAM Music in St Neots and cost me the grand total of £135. The original scratchplate was black and I replaced it with a really cheap tort one on a whim. I'll probably switch it back soon, although I really want a 70s style Spitfire tort scratchplate for it. The pic doesn't really do it justice- the sunburst looks lovely in the flesh, and the wear looks really nice. It's great to play and has a great tone.

My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24806
    '65 Electric XII:

'63-'67 Kawai S-170:

'73 Rickenbacker 4001:

'74 Fender Precision:

I got the XII for a steal really. It was an eBay purchase and the auction finished on the night when the London riots were in full swing. Maybe everyone was too distracted. I put in a stupidly low bid and no one bid against me. I don't think that black was a factory colour, so it's probably been resprayed. I often have it tuned to DADGAD.

Love your Electric XII. Wow awarded....
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1771
    My 1959 (I think) Eko Mascot 100

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    '67 Hagstrom Viking I

'64 Hagstrom III

'63 Hagstrom I

'73 Hagstrom Swede

Another '64 Hagstrom III

'60 Framus Hollywood, mid '60s Musima Elgita

And another Musima Elgita. These Musimas come from a country which no longer exists, so they must be vintage :-)

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    My '56 Special (courtesy of G&B Magazine)

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 506
    edited January 2017
    64/65 es 330. Have original case stuffed away in a cupboard somewhere.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I will try once more 
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • success!