Axe-Fx Ultra v Atomic Amplifire

2»

Comments

• CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    I might look out for a secondhand one and give it another go, with some better ir's.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
    I don't understand why they'd sell the Amplifire with poor IR's.  Surely you'd want good ones in there to show your product in the best light?  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Voxman said:
    I don't understand why they'd sell the Amplifire with poor IR's.  Surely you'd want good ones in there to show your product in the best light?  
    I don't think the stock ones are poor but commercial ones are better.     The ones it comes with a perfectly useable.  
      The presets it has loaded aren't great though, this seems pretty common to multieffects though for some reason.  Luckily it's very easy to program so it doesn't take long to get some great sounds out it.        

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    Voxman said:
    The IRs are fine it's the patches that are rubbish.
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    I just can't shake being so uninspired by the amplifire, plugging in to the helix that was sat next it and being really impressed.

For now I've actually gone a different route and bought the Peavey 6505 mini head.  Not tried the DI yet but the headphone output sounds really good for silent home playing. Also really light so won't be a chore to carry to rehearsals.