Dark Side of the Moon Effects / Settings Help Please?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    The fuzz side did nothing for me at all.
    BTW they just released a version 2 of the pedal that puts a switch in for switching pedal order.
    I just always feel that any multi needs to be tried - so often there is a bit that annoys.
    OOOOOOOOHHHHH

Version 2 !
    It's a good job i *have* to wait for this then.

The Fuzz i thought had a cool feature with it's 3 position switch and i thought it sounded quite good but that *is* a demo on YT and not in person so i will try to get to play one first; Thanks Patrick.

I've got a couple of Keeley pedals and they're amazing so i guess it's easy to assume they all will be and i've made that mistake before (I'm looking at you Spark Booster !).

I will have a stand alone fuzz as well but that's worth looking into and so is the V2.

Maybe this will affect the prices of the V1 a bit ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I have however learned where all of the notes are for the 'Time' solo.

I've yet to watch *him* do it closely to see whether i'm in the right places etc but if i had to i could stand up and make it through the solo in roughly one piece.
    There would be mistakes but you'd recognise it.

Couple of weeks or so and i'll have this more polished but i might need to borrow a Uni-vibe if i'm going to do this on Video !
    (and some talent! !)

The hardest part is working out and remembering which notes are played and which are bent up to. The bending isn't rocket science it's just very unforgiving but i'm getting it more each time. (No Pun).

There's a pinch harmonic which is REALLY difficult to get right because it's not a full harmonic, it's almost like it's halfway there but restrained..............first time you get up above the 12th fret and it's the top E string, 17th Fret (A) bent up a whole tone to the equivalent 19th Fret (B) and then back down again.
    It's not a difficult bend but that Harmonic is really hard to get right.
    Play it as you normally would a pinch Harmonic and it sounds way too much. Getting it just enough without missing it altogether is (for me, so far) really hard.

If i've got this wrong in any way, can some try to put me out of my misery please?
    If i'm right then *this* is my patch of thin ice on this track. Unfortunately if i don't get it right it will ruin the rest of the solo for me so i kind of *have* to.

I've never been brave enough to play PF stuff in public so staying sat down until i can do it properly seems only fitting.
    If i'm going to fuck something up i would really rather it NOT be Pink Floyd !

Thanks for ALL of the help so far, it's been very useful and quite inspiring.
    NOT however as inspiring as the fresh set up i've just had done on my new Strat from Howard Smith.

Oh !
    Does it play well now !
    Oh yes it does and it's on my knee as i'm typing.

More than looking forward to playing this right, i'm looking forward to doing it on *this* guitar.
    (*slightly excited !)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom