Accidentally performed a daemonic ritual and now my world is upside down...

What's Hot
My wife is very loving, but honestly doesn't give a crap about my music playing ability, songs or even any remote inclination towards what I do with my songwriting. I think the most she's commented was that a Jackson I had a few years ago 'was the prettiest'. So anyway, I joked with her many times coming up to Christmas "Hey, so that present doesn't look big enough to be my new guitar- luckily the shops are still open so you can go pick one up on Xmas Eve", and she would roll her eyes with a "You're definitely not getting one." 

Now my birthday is on the 8th of January. And it would appear that at some point over the Xmas period I invoked the outer-world god Nyarlathotep by some carelessly arranged salt shakers and port-infused mumbling - because when I said yesterday, "Hey this Gibson makes my pee-pee feel all funny <link>" she said "If it's a good deal, then go for it and that can be your birthday present".

Now, that immediately put me on the back foot - there must be something afloat: this is someone who darns her own socks and gets very angry when I buy a record! I can only assume the elder signs have brought forth something evil from beyond the walls of sleep.

Would appreciate any advice on how to banish dark gods.

In the meantime, I may be the owner of a Les Paul Standard in a few days (courtesy of @Adamski)
5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12340
    Get it while you can, she may thInk they are all about £100
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    We share a birthday- obviously she bought it for me. :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Divorce her, she clearly cheated on you and is feeling guilty  ;) 

Nah, I'm sure theres nothing untoward. Just be sure to do something equally nice for her for her birthday. Take her to center parcs maybe? 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5275
    rather than trying to banish them i think you could get some business on here "sorting out" our wives :)
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2403
    Yep, she's cheating on you, find her little black book, confront her and demand a custom shop upgrade ;) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nick_snick_s Frets: 138
    Be wary, for there will be a shipment of Christian Louboutin shoes imminently.
    - Shine On You Crazy Diamond -
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    "If it's a good deal, then go for it and that can be your birthday present".

Is any Gibson a good deal? Maybe that's the trap.

(Alternatively, to err is human so just be wicked and accept the punishment.)

• She wants a baby in return :lol:
  • She wants a baby in return :lol:
    That was my thought.
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Glad I could be of assistance! Now I know the back story I'm even happier for you dude. 

Having passed on many of my good deals to this lovely group I hope Karma looks at me fondly and MY other half tells me I can have something wonderful too! 

* actually even if your other half says I can have something that's a tenuous enough link for me! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I had to wait 20 years to find mine but she's an absolute gem. Pretty much lets me do whatever I want, always encourages, shares my love of music and is awesome to be with.

Just need to sort the wife out now :)
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • From the original post it sounds as though the present is not a Les Paul but the permission to buy a Les Paul.

If so that's the saddest story in the world.

I'm off to have a little cry.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • From the original post it sounds as though the present is not a Les Paul but the permission to buy a Les Paul.

If so that's the saddest story in the world.

I'm off to have a little cry.

Aw c'mon - just a bit of fun :) I would prefer my wife discuss and agree with me any purchase over a grand and would hope she'd feel equally pleased if I agreed it was a good idea...
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Hertz32 said:
    Divorce her, she clearly cheated on you and is feeling guilty  ;) 

Nah, I'm sure theres nothing untoward. Just be sure to do something equally nice for her for her birthday. Take her to center parcs maybe? 
    She's definitely cheating... I can't tell you how I know... but can you pass on the knickers she left here?
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    Boy are you going to pay threefold for that guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    edited December 2016
    Dude your world was upside down: now it's the right way up.

This should be doubly terrifying to you.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11903
    Has she told you yet what  day the new  sofa and armchairs are arriving?

• At some point in the past (I must have been pissed) apparently I can buy any guitar I want but SWMBO has to get jewellery of the same value in return. I have not gassed in years.
  • It would seem due to mitigating circumstances the deal with @Adamski didn't come off, but I find out that she has, somehow, someway gone even further and surprised me with another mystery LP!? I await with bated breath and will post a NGD next week! :)