I'm expecting my gym to be full of new members with new year resolutions on the 1st Jan

What's Hot
I wonder how long they'll keep coming
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Some of the fatties wont be alive this time next year let alone gym members :)
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    I`ll be avoiding mine until Feb, can`t stand the January crowds
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918

Well, with such a warm welcome awaiting me...

perhaps I won't bother.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ^ ^^ this.  January will probably be full of "fatties" walking on an elevated treadmill, pausing only to wipe themselves with a towel and sip on a protein shake, but why not cut them some slack.

In 9 weeks they could be running 5K - fancy that. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24293
    ^ ^^ this.  January will probably be full of "fatties" walking on an elevated treadmill, pausing only to wipe themselves with a towel and sip on a protein shake, but why not cut them some slack.

In 9 weeks they could be running 5K - fancy that. ;)
    This.

Last April I was that fatty. I'm still running. 
  • Criticising someone going to the gym to get in shape is like criticising someone for going to the job centre for looking for work. Everyone has to start somewhere. 

(That said, I'd rather they all started OUTSIDE with a couch to 5k program and left the weights room till they've had a proper induction and know what they're doing. I hate having to stop my own session to ask someone to stop crashing the plates on a machine. My personal bugbear bicep curls in a squat rack!!!). 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11903
    For me, the new folks are all welcome to come and get fitter, I just wonder why  start in  the New year when you  know everyone else will too. It's a bit of a log jam really.  
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    My new year resolution is to make it into a gym at some point before the end of 2017...