Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fender Custom Shop Amp.... £9k...!!

What's Hot
skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 971
Just saw this on facebook and looked it up on their site....!!

£9k   ... what do we think.....I'll have 2   :)

https://worldguitars.co.uk/2016/12/coming-soon-tobacco-barn-tone-monster/
  • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited January 2017
    It will have a very woody tone and will be sold within a week to some PRS playing dentist
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Worth every penny because it comes with a "leather bound Masterbuilt photo album".

If people pay $70k for a Dumble amp, they'll pay £9k for this considering there are only 5 of them (at the moment).
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Also someone had to sand off all the rough edges using nothing more than a nail file.
    Very time consuming.
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 971
    Sassafras said:
    Worth every penny because it comes with a "leather bound Masterbuilt photo album".

If people pay $70k for a Dumble amp, they'll pay £9k for this considering there are only 5 of them (at the moment).
    I understand the rarity of them...but you could get 3 or 4 high end boutique amps for that....although I was considering one of the 65 reverb knotty pine limited editions...so if I had £9k spare I would buy it...lol
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    I was aware of this as a Fender person (not matt) told me about it three days ago.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    I love the look of it but not the price.

More shocking to to, once i'd had a quick shifty through the World Guitars site is the rrp price of Gibson Custom stuff now....What?!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 971
    miserneil said:
    I love the look of it but not the price.

More shocking to to, once i'd had a quick shifty through the World Guitars site is the rrp price of Gibson Custom stuff now....What?!
    derailing my own thread...I also noticed how many pre owned Nik Huber's are for sale on their site...?
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    Its a 5e3. Load of overpriced average gear from Fender again & again. Anyone in their right mind would buy a Lazy J/Victoria etc
  • For 9k the could solder the bleedin switches FFS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72418
    For 9k the could solder the bleedin switches FFS.
    They could fit a more appropriate speaker than that ceramic Celestion too. And better valves.

Looking more closely at the inside pic, the standby switch is in the wrong place in the circuit so it will probably blow rectifier valves, and it looks like the fusing is the same stupid arrangement that led to this…

That's the inside of a Custom Shop Twin-o-lux after a valve short caused the socket to vitrify itself and burn out the wiring loom, because there is no HT fuse only a pointless filament one.

Not impressed, even at "only" two grand. £9K is taking the piss.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    hope it comes with a 25 year Rentokill guarantee too...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Not to mention that at that price, you could have three original 50s 5E3s in any combination of all-original to fully overhauled and roadworthy, and probably enough left over for a Champ or some other model.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    The crazy thing is, I bet that amp is already sold before it hits the shop floor.
    (formerly miserneil)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72418
    miserneil said:
    The crazy thing is, I bet that amp is already sold before it hits the shop floor.
    But don't worry, it will be available at a more sensible price in a few months when he gets tired of it.

Gassage said:
    I was aware of this as a Fender person (not matt) told me about it three days ago.
    ;)

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    I'm sticking to my lazy j then.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Bloody riculous. Too much money in the world sometimes it feels 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4725
    These are specially designed for the PWMMTS market.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    A fool and his money.....
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    edited January 2017 tFB Trader
    Right. My friend has an old shed he needs taking down. Seems like a great candidate for an custom Danplifier build. I'll make sure the wood is full of screws and woodworm holes. I'll use special custom "green" capacitors (Just Mallory caps wrapped in spare wrappers from the quality street green triangles.)

I'm only going to make one, which will make it 5x rarer and therefore 5x more valuable. 

Anyone fancy a pre-order for £45,000?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    Amazingly, his reputation is such that major manufactures now just ring him up and give him first dibs on everything before they release it to the general public....
    (formerly miserneil)
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom