SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Sell me your handhelds Vita, 3DS etc

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
in Misc £ tFB Trader
I'm going to be commuting by train so I'd like a handheld console.

I don't mind if it's a Vita, or a 3DS, or something else entirely (not sure if there is anything else?)

What have you got?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Anyone?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28230
    I have a 2DS I don't use since I got a 3DS XL. Runs the same games, just without the 3D effect (which I generally have off on the 3DS anyways). Blue with a soft case. Not sure I've got a spare charger though - I'll check.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    tFB Trader
    OK I'd be interested in that if you have a charger or I can get one cheaply.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    I've got DSI XL with a couple of games
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

tFB Trader
    I'm interested in a 2ds or 3ds but not a first gen DS.
    OK I'd be interested in that if you have a charger or I can get one cheaply.
    I will have a look-see today.

Amazon has mains chargers for just under a tenner, or USB charging cables for about £3.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    Having just grabbed a 3DS XL I highly recommend it. I was 50/50 on size before buying but I wouldn't want the smaller one now.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    You will honestly struggle on here to get a 3ds on here, not exactly what I would call the target demographic for gaming, :) cex do a 2 year guarantee now I would go there, 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    You will honestly struggle on here to get a 3ds on here, not exactly what I would call the target demographic for gaming, :) cex do a 2 year guarantee now I would go there, 

The average age of a gamer is 31 and I've already been offered a couple of things so I'm not sure I agree.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Having just grabbed a 3DS XL I highly recommend it. I was 50/50 on size before buying but I wouldn't want the smaller one now.
    I'd like a 3DS XL, but new it seems like they are £179 vs £79 which is quite a markup.
    There's also the difference between the 3DS XL and the New 3DS XL. Most of the difference is the price...
    tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    There's also the difference between the 3DS XL and the New 3DS XL. Most of the difference is the price...
    Ah I wasn't aware of that. 

Is there any difference I should care about?

Hilariously CEX seem to sell SH ones for more than the new price.
  • @Sporky I would be interested in the 2DS if @monquixote ; doesn't want it - keep me posted!
    Sporky said:
    Ah I wasn't aware of that. 

Is there any difference I should care about?

Hilariously CEX seem to sell SH ones for more than the new price.
    The New one has a teeny bit more power, which if I remember correctly is only exploited by Xenoblade.

I had a look-see on eBay and the 2DS seems to go for £65ish upwards (upwards for the special editions) without a PSU. How's £57 posted grab you? I will include whatever games I have but am done with.

@littlethoughts - no probs.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    The "New" 3DS XL can play SNES games from the eshop, which is absolutely essential for me cos I want to catch up on the stuff I missed when I was a kid.

Otherwise it's a slightly better 3D effect with head tracking (that you'll switch off anyway) and an extra little nubbin stick that most games don't use. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    tFB Trader
    The "New" 3DS XL can play SNES games from the eshop, which is absolutely essential for me cos I want to catch up on the stuff I missed when I was a kid.

Otherwise it's a slightly better 3D effect with head tracking (that you'll switch off anyway) and an extra little nubbin stick that most games don't use. 
    So can the 2DS not play SNES games?

That seems a bit odd as the SNES is fairly ancient now so you'd think that would be no problem.
  • Apparently not. I've just been looking it up. They were trying to get them to run "pixel perfect" and they didn't work so well on the older hardware. The ridiculous thing is I had (in fact still have) an old gameboy advance which had some very good ports of old SNES games - link to the past, mario kart, F-Zero, that sort of thing. I guess they were downscaled a bit though.

tFB Trader
    Apparently not. I've just been looking it up. They were trying to get them to run "pixel perfect" and they didn't work so well on the older hardware. The ridiculous thing is I had (in fact still have) an old gameboy advance which had some very good ports of old SNES games - link to the past, mario kart, F-Zero, that sort of thing. I guess they were downscaled a bit though.

Not the end of the world. I've played pretty much all the decent SNES games by now. I wouldn't mind another crack at Super Metroid and Yoshi's Island though.
    tFB Trader
    OK sorted for a DS now (though if anyone wants to shift a new 3DSXL I might be interested)
    Still interested in Vitas or 3DS games.
  • @monquixote did you buy @sporky 's?