SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Jackson dinky's are they a lot smaller than normal?

What's Hot
seen a nice pro series maple cap Jackson dinky with Seymour Duncan's for £550 

and just wondered how small a dinky is in comparison I'm guessing it's made for adults and not children hahaha right? 

Specs seem great.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Not much difference. Main distinction is that they have a bolt on neck I think. Might be scale length too, but that might just be my bad memory.

Its an unfortunate name really. Great guitars though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 839
    They're full size adult guitars - they were named Dinky because of the compact styling of the body, but in reality they're not significantly smaller than Jackson's other superstrat models (Stealth, Fusion, Soloist etc).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28346
    Worst guitar name ever. Sounds like something for kids. I wouldn't want something with that name!
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited January 2017
    No way the worst name is telecaster and stratocaster, both named after what was popular at the time.

Seriously tele caster?  Conjures up images of a crt TV on skates!  if that  name was invented today it would be laughed at, plus japanese  dinkys are some of the most underrated guitars out there, they play phenomenally well are  built with care and respect plus sound fantastic  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28346
    No way the worst name is telecaster and stratocaster, both named after what was popular at the time.

Not at all, they are classic names that defy any consideration of meaning, they merely conjure up the thought of two of the greatest guitars ever. 

Dinky is just a dumb cute word for something little. Very unsexy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Where I'm from Dinky is a slang term for a small gentleman's sausage. My friend bought a dinky and we made loads of jokes about him playing with it. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3465
    axisus said:
    Not at all, they are classic names that defy any consideration of meaning, they merely conjure up the thought of two of the greatest guitars ever. 
    Hindsight is a beautiful thing.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11637
    tFB Trader
    The Dinky was about the same size as the soloist but was a bolt on neck version and was somewhat smaller than a strat - however you may find that the body size is no smaller than an Ibanez RG or a BC Rich Gunslinger in reality.
    It came into being some time around 1985
    Could be compared to a strat shrunk to about 90%

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• kipplekipple Frets: 354
    stenio83 said:
    seen a nice pro series maple cap Jackson dinky with Seymour Duncan's for £550 

and just wondered how small a dinky is in comparison I'm guessing it's made for adults and not children hahaha right? 

Specs seem great.
    Is that price £550 for a new one or a used one ? if it is for a used one I think the price is a bit steep.
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds