The worst bit of a new year

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28426
    I've never really seen the point of new year being a thing. It's just another arbitrary point in space, and it's not even linked to some prior historical anniversary but people go nuts for it.
    Holiday allowance restarts. :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27115
    Sporky said:
    I've never really seen the point of new year being a thing. It's just another arbitrary point in space, and it's not even linked to some prior historical anniversary but people go nuts for it.
    October for me. See!? Pointless!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    Wrong . @stickyfiddle , you're pointless for not sorting your leave year out.  If you can't get these basics right how can you be expected to sort out the rest of your life.  

October, that isn't even the start of the financial year!  What are you playing at?!

In other news , New Years day is a real thing for me as I get paid time and a half and get a day off in lieu for working it.  

Life is good. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27115
    Sporky said:
    Wrong . @stickyfiddle , you're pointless for not sorting your leave year out.  If you can't get these basics right how can you be expected to sort out the rest of your life.  

October, that isn't even the start of the financial year!  What are you playing at?!

In other news , New Years day is a real thing for me as I get paid time and a half and get a day off in lieu for working it.  

Life is good. 
    I don't set my own leave calendar! I do book beyond 6 months in advance when I can though, and my lot don't mind me doing that for the following year as well so it makes no difference really. 

Anyway, bah humbug. New year sucks! :p 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited January 2017
    I have a had a Deer sitting in my garden for the past 5 1/2 hours, so I can honestly say Happy New Deer!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>